Community Bulletin Board on C / Warps to in-progress builds.

jchance

In a previous creative suggestion thread Nickeox posted this suggestion:

My last modification to the server suggestion would be make 2 separate lists of warps... ./builds which would allow us to find builds that need to be worked on such as community builds, and ./warps which are finished builds that are intended to impress people on the server.

I've been thinking about this and, using the commands we already have available, I'd like to try it like this:

1.   We use the community bulletin board in spawn instead of /builds command.    I will set "/warp bulletinboard" the next time I am on.

2.   Players can modreq or ask an online admin to have a sign placed.   In the modreq, they should specify coordinates of their build in X Y Z format.   Something like:

/modreq bulletin board:  Help dig at Big Ditch! coords: 200 67 328

3.  An admin can place the sign with the "Help dig at Big Ditch!" text and make clicking the sign warp you to the project location.

4.  Players can go to /warp bulletinboard, look at the open projects, and click the sign to warp to the location. 

Right now the ability to make sign warps are limited to admin.   I will see about getting this moved to mod permissions, but until that happens moderators should just /elevate these requests to admin during the trial.

Since sign warps are not in the public /warp list,  I feel this is a reasonable compromise and captures the spirit of what Nickeox was trying to accomplish.

• Upvote 5

I really like that this is being considered for implementation, it will really help to get people involved in projects that are not yet finished. I only have 2 suggestions though: 

• To add to the project's extensive direction, I suggest that all players who have a sign on the build bulletin board also have their own build bulletin board at the build to not only give more detailed direction, but to also guide players on other details they could help with once the original objective is complete.
  • More so on the admins part for this one, but could we get a [server] notification about the bulletin board's presence as well?

Other than that, I think this is a great idea so far, it will get rid of the statement and question "I'm bored. Does anyone want any help?".

• Upvote 2

Nick-

I'll add a server notice about the bulletin board.  Great idea.

I agree with having a requirement for directions signs before a warp is set for the sign.  

After we gather anymore feedback anyone wants to give for a couple days I'll write an official policy and put it in the announcements forum with the requirements.

• Upvote 2