Hollifer [SwitchViewz]

Hollifer

I was banned on Creative [Chaos/TNT party] for surrounding spawn area with a lava wall.

I'm actually a bit surprised (and embarrassed) to be banned for this, but here's why:

I'm admittedly a really unintentionally oblivious person sometimes, I just get really into what I do!

When I saw the chat warnings for covering the spawn, I was thinking that had more to do with the players who were covering the ~10x10 spawn pad in lava and stone.

After that warning to those players (which I had no part in, other than digging my way out a few times after the /spawn command)  I immediately went off to do something else far away.

First I had a bit of fun with with some TNT, then I came back around spawn

This is where I don't connect two things I probably should  have --and it reminded me of my goal in the first place during the whole TNT party.

This

http://i.imgur.com/ubSyA5K.png

During the survival part of chaos, I surrounded spawn in this wall of lava. 

[Which I got absolutely no complaints about from any of the staff]

http://i.imgur.com/XNszjiv.png

so I started on it again

All I was trying to do was recreate this -- I realize, obviously, that I should have taken more into consideration of the current time, and place.

Right before I got banned I noticed one of the lengths of the rectangle was a bit short. I could see how that could easily block the spawn, but I had others building on top of/around my square, and it

got kind of out of hand pretty quickly.

I'm well aware of nerd.nu rules, and i've played a fair amount following these rules -- I by no means meant to ignore your warnings. 

I was having fun, and I'm sorry if I have taken a fun experience away from anyone else due to my oblivious nature.

I'm a bit sad to be banned for the coming of the new revision, but I know i've made a mistake. I hope just to be able to rejoin you all again sooner than later.

Edited by Hollifer

Hey there Hollifer, the warnings were for everyone that was attempting to surround or cover spawn in lava/water walls. I can't speak for the survival part of chaos but during the creative part of chaos people want to fly around and blow things up. Surrounding spawn in lava walls causes people to lag extremely badly and makes it difficult to move. It took a handful of staff members and over a half hour to clean up the disaster (screenshot) with very poor fps. If we have a hard time cleaning it up, how can other people get out and have fun blowing things up? 

No real damage was done however besides a little bit of wasted time, and what you did was all in the good fun of chaos just taken a bit to far. With the new Rev starting tomorrow I would hate to see you miss it. I ask that you please be more careful in the future and not take things to far. You have been unbanned, go have fun in the rest of chaos and the new revision tomorrow!