[PMC] Mumble Fireside Chat Signups

SwitchViewz

Alright so if you attended tonight's chat you will know how much of a disaster it was. The usual group of people trolled and completely derailed any possible discussion.

I'm not going to give up however as I think this is a good line for communication. We also need to get notifications out on the servers for this. For the next chat I intend to introduce a set of rules as I'm not going to deal with there bullshit. If they wish to not adhere to these rules, I will warn them, and if they proceed, I will ban them. This somewhat goes against how we ban people as we like to give lots of warnings first, but frankly I'm not going to deal with it.

The set of rules are simple and are as follows:

- No trolling or purposeful derailing of topics

- No constantly harassing of staff for a reply

- Be polite and respectful to other members and staff

I originally didn't want to have to do this as I wanted chats to be laidback and kind of a "just hanging out" sort of deal. After this last chat though I'm going to take steps to fix it.

I would set those rules as the channel comment and add something like "Failure to follow the rules listed above may result in a ban from mumble for the duration of the chat without warning."

Also, the group you are talking about have been warned many times in the past for the demonstrating the same type of behavior so it's not really going against how we ban people only after giving them a lot of warnings before.

• 1 month later...