f0rtynuggets [C45Y]

F0rtynuggets

I copied a macro into the macro mod to auto punch mobs at a grinder. I got kicked once. Since I also used this macro last rev without problems, I tried again and then I got banned for hacks.

I thought this was allowed because on the forums it says this:

"using a script to repeatedly punch (at a humanly possible rate) at a grinder would be allowed"

Have the rules changed or did the macro punch at a rate that is faster then humanly possible ?

If this violates the rules, I won't use the macro anymore. 

Thanks

f0rtynuggets

Thanks for responding quickly. I hope to make this a quick process.

My main issue with your macro, which you said is for punching mobs, is it is listed as an Automine script, which I think would be against our rules ( it is unclear ). I have reviewed your location and edits in the area and I believe you have not actually used the macro for its intended purpose, though technically it is allowed?

Reading the line "using a script to punch and move forward would be allowed" from the PvE allowed mods page would seem to support using the script as a miner, rather than to grind mobs, so we're in a strange spot here

The line marked with bold in particular may give the wrong idea to staff and players who are playing on the server with you:

<F0rtynuggets> if(mining); log(&cAutoMine Stopped); unset(mining); stop(); keyup(forward);else;
<F0rtynuggets> key(attack); loop; keydown(forward); wait(100ms);
F0rtynuggets lost connection: You're not allowed to spam in chat!
F0rtynuggets left the game.
[NoCheatPlus] F0rtynuggets failed Text: acted like spamming
[NoCheatPlus] (CONSOLE) Kicked F0rtynuggets : You're not allowed to spam in chat!
<F0rtynuggets> if(!mining); log(&aStarting AutoMine); set(mining); do; do(15);
<F0rtynuggets> keyup(forward); loop; endif;endif;
F0rtynuggets lost connection: You're not allowed to spam in chat!
F0rtynuggets left the game.
[NoCheatPlus] F0rtynuggets failed Text: acted like spamming
[NoCheatPlus] (CONSOLE) Kicked F0rtynuggets : You're not allowed to spam in chat!

In future please be careful, don't paste automine macros into chat :)

Sorry for the incorrect ban, I'll have to seek clarification on that rule from the padmins so we don't run into this issue again.

Thanks for the response. 

I thought that the auto mine script I found on the internet works like an auto clicker. I assumed I could also use it to punch mobs at the grinder.  It looks like the script does more then just that. (althought I don't really know how script work). I can understand why it looked suspicious and won't use it anymore. I didn't realise I actually pasted the macro in chat. 

Would a script like this be allowed at a grinder ? It looks like it just spams the left mouse button. 

$${if(automine);
    log("Automine Disabled");
    unset(automine);
else;
    log("Automine Enabled");
    set(automine);
    do;
        key(attack);
    while(automine);
endif;}$$

The script looks acceptable provided you include a sleep in there somewhere to slow it down a little. I'll direct PvE admins here to confirm.

I would however change the name, while the action the script takes is in accordance with our rules the name itself may cause friction if accidentally pasted :)

Edit:

After conversation with the PvE admins and discussion about the intent of the rules it appears that an "AutoMine" would not be forbidden against our rules. My sincerest apologies for banning you for appearing to break a rule that isn't actually a rule. We are working to update the rules so both players and staff can better apply them.

Edited by c45y