Consider using /book for viridian journal stuff

Mumberthrax

(I am overly proud of my first CH accomplishment and should probably be ignored)

https://github.com/NerdNu/nerdCH/pull/24

TL;DR: /book-list lets players see a list of written books available to them. /book <bookname> gives them a copy of the book. Several handy administrative commands exist for adding new books.

This could be nice for somewhat added immersion, rather than clicking a url and loading a web browser up to view the journals.

This ch script is already running on P (and C as well afaik) and is the mechanism behind the /rulebook command which was used last revision, so no techadmins need be involved in setting it up since its already there.

I had intended to use /book for the journals but they're turning out to be far too much to comfortably fit into a vanilla book (i really dont like the in-game books in general, they're quite bulky). 

That doesn't mean that it wont be used, oh no. I have spent a good bit of time fiddling with it, and am planning to use it for parts of the story, just not the big bulky main section :)

I didn't know you wrote it! Congrats, it is really neat, i loooooooooove some of the features in it. SO much easier than the alternative :/

• Upvote 1

:D I'm glad that someone is finding it useful. I think it was dumbo that requested it long ago for having multiple rulebooks for different subjects or something on C, but when i finally made it I don't think anyone ended up actually using it. :P

I wish mojang would improve books, but they probably will not. Monospace font, bigger pages, higher page limit... little things that would make a big difference.