Next rev, make it easier to get out of spawn

Herr_Fawkes

I've noticed that a lot of new players, this rev and last, come to the server, walk around the spawn room for a bit, and leave without ever clicking on the sign to enter the world itself. In past revs, spawn had been designed so that players can read the rules and protections tutorials as they go through a corridor or something. Rev 15's pirate ship is a good example. I think we could increase the number of players who stay past a minute or so by not making them hunt for a way out of what's basically a spawn jail. It may be too late to implement this in rev 18, but I think it should be considered for future revs in general. 

• Upvote 1

Some of these people are ones who read the rules, and do not agree to them. Also the pirate ship had many new players confused about how to exit, even thou no teleport sign was involved.

I have to agree that teleport signs are frequently not understood as a transport method by many new players and many won't even really read the signs because they're too busy searching for the exit. Maybe instead of a sign we could use an actual portal as an exit, with a floating nametag like what is used on creative right now.

Also while we're on the subject of people understanding rules before they leave spawn... The existing examples for protections, claims, and lwc that are in the flowercopter are great but I really think we should add example crops and animals to draw players that are seeking food. Some people are more visual or by example learners. Of course they won't be able to harvest and that's an opportunity to remind them they need to replant anything they take, and leave two animals behind. We could also remind them that melons are availible, cause lots of people somehow still miss them.