Thwomppifer [Hollifer]

Pixles

I was banned for harrassing other players... apparently.

I didn't harass anyone, I was reported twice for bullshit reasons, and then banned after the second one. one admin talked to me after second incident and nothing more happend, then I was banned.

Thanks.

Edited by Silversunset01
edited to add username/staff member in post title

This is an accumulation ban ; By Bardidley's request to ban on next offense.
You had a ban on next offense note from me 6 months ago, so Bard chose to give you another chance.

You have received a ban from me today because of your aggressive and disruptive chat, in combination with player harassment yesterday.

Since this is a reoccurring problem, rather than a single case, i'd like to take this appeal in a little bit of a different direction than normal. I know you do not believe that you have been rightfully reported, but we can work through this, and make sure it won't happen in the future. You are a regular and long-time user, and my intention is to see that your, and everyone else's experience on this server is the best it can be.

Minecraft can be a good escape. A virtual world where you are free to express yourself in any way that you want, even the negative feelings. Life can be very hard, and stressful, and lots of people turn to the server for recreation and fun. Though our reasons for playing may be different, we are all part of a community. I know you're a great builder, who has fun on the server. Sometimes things happen that can really be irritating, or frustrating when it feels like people are ganging up on you, or being argumentative, or straight up disrespectful. Although it becomes interesting when you consider the opposite points of view, the people you believe you may be defending yourself from may be feeling pain as well, and the same frustration. Nobody likes to be put down, and nobody likes to lose arguments or feel harassed.

Before you start thinking to yourself that you don't have time for this jibber jabber, I want to say that i'm speaking from experience. I used to have problems controlling my anger, and controlling the things I said to others. I used to hurt people, people that cared about me, like people from this community. It hurts to look back on the times I did that, because at the time, I didn't even know it, it didn't seem like what I was doing was wrong. It wasn't until people spoke up, and I got in trouble, and lost friends for me to realize that I wasn't acting kindly, and that something needed to change. I don't want you to have to deal with that on nerd, or anywhere really.

You just got back after being gone for a long time and already have given us some wonderful builds. I don't want you to have to deal with any more bans, or a ban longer than it has to be. I know that you can play without hurting others, so do it, and have fun.

Consider this my appeal to you.

I only ask that you read this, and make a thoughtful reply, and then we can go ahead and discuss an unban time.

I understand people turn to the server to have fun and forget whats happening in their life currently even for a short time. I have no problem getting along with people, but if they choose to start an argument they should be prepared to finish it. Both times I was warned to stop "Harrassing players" I stopped talking to them in chat, and continued on with what I was doing. I understand Nerd has rules to uphold but if you are going to hold them to one player, hold them to another.

As for the first issue of "harrassment" I pointed out a user was just basically copy pasting builds from a map made by someone else into the server. I never said they couldn't do it, I pointed it out and talked about it with another player and that was it. today that same player decided to jump into a conversation they weren't in to begin with and try and tell me what to do, I told them they could "Take their comments and shove it up their ass" was it harsh? Maybe, but I wasn't in the mood for him to try and dictate what was happening.

These people who start arguments, they might be doing it for the reasons I said above, you know? Sometimes people get defensive, and maybe for good reason. If you come off with such a strong and harsh tone towards things, it seems alarming, and that's exactly what's in question right now.

I believe you would find it easier, and more fair if you learned to turn away from arguments or conflicts that arise, instead of fueling the fire, do you agree?

Your usage of double negatives in that last reply is too ambiguous in this context. Since it doesn't seem that i'm getting through to you anyways, and it appears you have no intention on doing anything except blaming others. We're currently compiling some evidence of your harassment on other players, and Torteela or myself will be presenting it here to you, so we can see if that will help us discuss this further.

In the meantime, if you decide to make a legitimate reply addressing your behavior instead of other's then i'd be glad to read it.

Ok Ill rephrase it then,

Yes, I will attempt to stay out of arguments as I said.

No, Im not blaming others. I do get involved in arguments I only said if I'm going to have it held against me the same should apply for others.