Jump to content
defiex

Revision 21 Changelog PvE

Recommended Posts

October 29th

  • We just held a padmin team meeting, the public meeting notes are here:
Spoiler
  • We confirmed some of the common pieces of feedback from the survey across the general areas we’ve invited feedback upon.

    • Feedback fell into one of two categories generally, feedback we were expecting and that reinforces the direction we wish to take and feedback that we were not otherwise hearing.

    • We confirmed the plans to review the feedback entirely once the survey closes.

  • We confirmed that the new death messages post is ready to go and is still awaiting the closure of the survey, before we open another community-based post.

  • We confirmed that there is a further update to the station livemap marker due to go up soon, which includes a border to be more visible against the terrain.

  • We confirmed that the first blog post draft has been completed and that we’ve all seen it. Currently adding any new settlement requests and posts that appear on the subreddit to the blog. Stats are being updated soon to which we will then create the stats infographics in time for the November release.

  • We confirmed further progress of an unreleased event, one that will feature teasers in the upcoming blog post.

  • We confirmed that spawn has had some Halloween decorations added and that these decorations would come down on approximately November 1st.

  • We confirmed intentions to remove player-run event place and livemap icons, which run for more than a day, after the established end time of their events.

  • We confirmed the progress for our Thanksgiving plans which are underway.

  • We confirmed intent to look towards Christmas event plans while we’re wrapping up Thanksgiving preparation.

  • We confirmed that ItemLocker information has been added to the information guide.

  • We decided to hold off on a low priority feature request for now, to give tech admins relief.

  • We confirmed that the rev 22 spawn prototype will be receiving decoration in the coming weeks after other tasks are completed.

  • We confirmed that there are no moderators awaiting training currently but have set our sights on a likely upcoming addition to the moderator team for future training.

    • We confirmed that no staff have reached out for training refreshers.

  • We confirmed intentions to, over the course of the revision, adapt the spawn plot in mapworld so that the item frames there inherit permissions from the plot owners, to encourage owners to place their maps in them.

  • We confirmed the progress of an ongoing request/issue regarding guardian spawning.

  • We confirmed that our trello tasks would be updated, along with the agenda for our next meeting appearing soon.

  • We confirmed the next meeting to be held on Saturday of next weekend.

9

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 1st

  • We have opened a poll here for you to help pick the next admin hunt location, from a selection of six choices.
  • Halloween decorations have been removed
  • Halloween Town event marker and place have been removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 4th

  • We held a padmin meeting an hour ago, here are our notes:
Spoiler

  • We did an analysis of three areas from the survey:

    • Golem Souls: We broke down what people had asked for from the available options, as well as the few but limited optional comments in this section. We’ve established a clear proposal for moving forward with a use for excess golem souls and intend to announce this in future.

    • Knights’ Quest Awards: We consolidated the awards that were suggested to us and decided on how we would like to proceed here, in line with the theme of the revision. Expect an announcement on spending the 12 knights’ quest coins in future.

    • Minor Changes / Fixes: After disregarding responses which were left blank, we have focused on all remaining responses here and will treat them all as one giant suggestion box submission, where we’ll follow up with a public post with changes / fixes we’ve implemented, plan to or our thoughts on each submission.

  • We confirmed that due to the survey closing, the death message community input form would open up shortly, following an announcement post.

  • We confirmed that the livemap marker for the railstation had once again been updated, this time with a minor border to help improve the visibility that little bit more.

  • We reaffirmed the progress on a future event which is currently in the building a decorating stage.

  • We confirmed that all Halloween decorations at spawn have been removed.

  • We confirmed the status of our Thanksgiving plans, including testing needed on pve-dev soon.

  • We confirmed that the admin hunt poll has gone up where there appears to be one clear winner so far. Still plenty of time for that to change though.

  • We confirmed that the first blog post had gone up and discussed the planned community spotlight for blog post 2.

  • We briefly discussed another admin looking to run an event on P, we will await a comprehensive plan to be presented before discussing further.

  • We discussed plans to update one of our existing admin documents with additional details.

  • We confirmed plans to update the information guide with the criteria for player-advertising events, as well as the expectations from our end (mirroring the announcement post).

  • We discussed a padmin process being added to the padmin documentation in future.

  • We confirmed that our internal trello would be updated once more following this meeting.

  • We confirmed that the public meeting notes would go out as soon as possible and that our next meeting would be on Sunday 12th.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 12th

  • We have responded to the latest suggestionbox suggestion here.
  • We held a padmin meeting today, here are the public meeting notes:
Spoiler

  • We confirmed the progress of the additional uses for golem souls, aiming to implement this week.

  • We confirmed the current progress of the Knights’ Quest awards setup.

  • We confirmed the status of our responses to the survey results from the ‘Minor Changes / Fixes’ section. Draft responses are awaiting final checks before publishing.

  • We confirmed the need for us to complete some additional death messages in parallel to the community submitted death messages.

  • We confirmed the progress of an upcoming event for which we have reviewed our options for speeding up the release of this event.

  • We confirmed the status of our Thanksgiving event and performed testing on pve-dev. We confirmed plans to release a public post on this event shortly.

  • We confirmed the status of the admin hunt poll, where there is currently one clear leader. We will be putting out reminders a day before the poll closes for last minute voting.

  • We confirmed that we had reached out to another admin to get a sense of their plan for running an event. No plan as of yet so we are awaiting a future response.

  • We confirmed deadlines for updating some of our internal documentation.

  • We confirmed deadlines for updating the wiki with guidelines on the player-run events advertising.

  • We confirmed the status of the current P specific moderator training.

  • We confirmed that following our meeting, our team trello would be updated, public meeting notes would be established and that our next meeting would take place next Sunday too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 20th

  • We held a padmin meeting yesterday, here are our public notes:
  •  

    Spoiler

     

    • We confirmed that the two options chosen by the P community were now present for the golem soul update. We are monitoring the progress of the community golem soul collection.

    • We confirmed that the Knights’ Quest prizes are now available. A prize room has been set up under the adventurer’s guild. We confirmed the current number of people who have handed in the 12 coins as 21 knights.

    • We confirmed that we had published our responses to 33 pieces of feedback from the survey, within the suggestion box topic.

      • We reviewed our responses to two suggestions, pulling other areas from the survey to bring context to two single-word responses.

      • We confirmed four areas of the response that we have action to follow up on.

    • We confirmed that the death message submissions has closed. Our team are overdue on filling in the remaining death messages. We’ve set new deadlines for reviewing all of the submitted death messages and filling in the remainder ourselves.

    • We confirmed the little progress on an upcoming event. Our intent is to scale down another event to focus more resources into this one.

    • We confirmed that the Thanksgiving event was now live. We have heard feedback that the current prizes are currently weighted more towards those who prefer trophies and are planning to expand upon the available prizes. We intend to allow for trophy prizes to be exchanged back into wishbones, for anyone who has already spent their wishbones.

    • We confirmed plans for a secret santa event to be hosted in Tabula Rasa. We will research for additional Christmas events to be presented at our next meeting.

    • We confirmed that Catsenberg had been selected as the top choice for the next admin hunt location. We are tentatively planning for our first admin hunt of the revision, following the Christmas holiday. The aim is to have progress updates next meeting regardless.

    • We reaffirmed the upcoming deadline for one of our internal documents to be updated.

    • We confirmed that the Player Run Events has been documented on the information guide.

    • We confirmed the scheduling of two moderators for training.

    • We confirmed that our next meeting would be a non-verbal meeting, happening across the upcoming Friday, due to other commitments.

     

     

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(also) November 22nd

  • We have updated the iron golem spawner costs to the new, lower values on the information guide.
  • We have put out a poll directly on P regarding the default setting for item frame rotation. Details here on the poll and how to vote.
  • We have set up new villagers at spawn with additional Thanksgiving Event prizes and a villager to "reverse trade" Wishbone Trophies back to Wishbones so players can take advantage of the new prizes.
  • Added additional signage to in spawn to assist players in finding the Spawn Rail Station (/place Spawn_station)
  • Added additional signage in the spawn building at 0,0 to direct players to the Adventurer's Guild for more information about the Knight's Quests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 23rd

14 hours ago, Barlimore said:

We have put out a poll directly on P regarding the default setting for item frame rotation. Details here on the poll and how to vote.

  • We have concluded this poll early, as detailed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 25th

  • We held a padmin meeting yesterday, here are our public notes:
Spoiler


  • Given that this meeting did not take place on mumble, as requested, our meeting was conducted solely through interpretive puppet dance(!)

 

  • We confirmed that following the survey responses we published, we had implemented some changes:

    • Improved directions around spawn for the rail station and the adventurer’s guild.

    • Included a clanchat update on the information guide.

    • Created a public poll regarding item frame default rotation permissions - This poll was closed due to being made redundant.

  • We confirmed the progress of our death message update. Due to the extra checks we’re implementing as a team, this is funneling additional time needed to prepare and implement the new death messages.

  • We confirmed that additional prizes had been added for the Thanksgiving wishbones, including a villager at spawn that will reverse the trophy prizes back into wishbones - should anyone have already bought trophies.

  • We confirmed the progress of an upcoming event which all three of us are collaborating upon.

  • We confirmed the progress of the new admin hunt area, Catsenberg, which had been pasted in for viewing. Ahead of schedule ready to host the first admin hunt of the revision in January.

  • We confirmed the moderator training schedules.

  • We outlined our plan for a secret santa event, along with other Christmas novelties across December.

  • We reaffirmed the upcoming deadline for one of our internal documents to be updated.

  • We discussed a [redacted] event, intending to follow up with the person responsible for the event.

  • We reviewed our position from September 30th about adding an addition padmin. For the moment, we are keeping an eye on suitable candidates which are not available, so we will review our position again in future.

  • We confirmed that our next meeting will take place on Sunday, December 3rd.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 27th

  • The Thanksgiving event has ended, IratePoultry is no longer running on P. The wishbone traders are remaining at spawn for the meantime at least.
  • We have responded to one of our latest suggestionbox suggestions here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×