Lilithvia [Barlimore]

Lilithvia

I'd suppose if I'm here, it'd be for disruptive behavior; and that I was banned while I was offline.

Not something you like to see when you've just woken up.

I'd assume this has to do with the ongoing conflict with Gome (For which he and I were BOTH muted by an admin, even though we had stopped when bermudalockette had told us to)?

Summarization of events:

Gome said something about someone owing him three diamonds.

I responded jokingly with "Gome, speaking about three diamonds, you still owe me some"

he responded by calling me a scammer, a liar, and several other things, continuously spiraling things out of control, until Bermuda told us to stop.

After Bermuda told us to stop, most of global began spamming chat with 'v' or '^'

I recall Sir muting both of us even though I had stopped participating in ANY chat, and then /msging us that we'd been muted for five minutes

Everything went fine after that... until I logged in this morning and saw I had been banned.

Guest Former Staff

Hello Lilithvia, thank you for appealing your ban. We issued your ban under the reason of 'Continued disruptive behaviour on P'. While we would typically issue a ban immediately following a rule breach, we've decided not to wait for an additional note to be added. Our team came to this decision on the morning of your ban, after reviewing your behaviour over the past 8 days.

In the 8 days that you have been involved with our community, you have collected 7 notes regarding breaches in the rules. While staff have collectively spent the best part of that week having to monitor you, our team has lost a lot of time to babysitting your chat in particular. Far above what we would typically need to be monitoring.

The 5 rules that you have broken over those 8 days are:

1. Be respectful and civil toward your fellow players
  2. No harassment or excessive trolling
  3. No disruptive arguments/discussions in global chat
  4. No public accusations of rule-breaking or discussion of bans
  5. No griefing or block spamming

Here are your accumilated notes:

1. Muted for disruptive behaviour in chat.
  2. Warned for continued provocation of other players. PvE r22.
  3. Muted for disruptive chat on P.
  4. Muted on P for continuing to engage in disruptive chat.
  5. warned for editting other's builds
  6. warned about spamming cart dispenser at spawn
  7. warned for hassling players and blockspam PvE22

Here are a selection of logs from various incidents that you have been involved in.

2018-05-12 06:47:31 | <Lilithvia> Robr watch me you dick

• This was when asking staff for help.

2018-05-12 15:36:57 | [Lilithvia -> robr] k, I do apologize, just wanted to see how the subway could do under stress

• This was a feigned apology for spamming the cart dispensers at spawn.

2018-05-13 16:32:37 | [SirLyle -> Lilithvia] editting other's builds is griefing

2018-05-13 16:33:10 | [Lilithvia -> SirLyle] I'm simply blocking her up like the edgar allen poe story.

• This was a reprimand for griefing. You did not take it seriously.

2018-05-13 18:23:21 | <Lilithvia> Citizens of Stonemist! Repent, for you have sinned!
2018-05-14 16:21:47 | <Lethal_Tree> why has stonemist been on the livemap since like day 3

2018-05-14 16:22:15 | <Lilithvia> Because stonemist bribes the admins

• Across a period of time, you harassed members of Stonemist to join your settlement. The prior logs are instances which in some cases led to mutes, despite being told to avoid engaging in this behaviour.

2018-05-15 12:20:03 | <PPGOME> 1.13 update: Powered rails are being removed as they are cheating.

2018-05-15 12:20:09 | <promaxxe> wot

2018-05-15 12:20:14 | <Herr_Fawkes> i hope not

2018-05-15 12:20:18 | <NatWutz> Whaa

2018-05-15 12:20:21 | <PPGOME> c:

2018-05-15 12:20:24 | <Lilithvia> He's trolling

2018-05-15 12:20:34 | <NatWutz> ;O

2018-05-15 12:20:35 | <flupmakintosh> only furnace minecarts allowed

2018-05-15 12:20:38 | <Lilithvia> Gome likes to troll and harass others

2018-05-15 12:20:46 | <NatWutz> wait thats a thing. I havent been on in AGES

2018-05-15 12:20:53 | <promaxxe> please dont joke about that lilith

• After selling PPGOME some of his items back from a death, you have persisted to antagonise him in chat. This has sometimes been two ways, to which we have spoken with PPGOME too - though in this appeal we're focusing on your behaviour.

Across each day of your public and private chat logs, we see many examples of arguing or harassment from you.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this post, before issuing a ban duration. Your response will help to determine the punishment.

I do apologize for all of which I am charged, and seek to work towards bettering my behavior.

I now know habits are hard to change; but to this I quote the great JFK:
"We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."

In this quote I find resolve to better my behavior, because that goal, as JFK so elegantly put it, will serve to measure the best of my energies and skills, and because this challenge is one I am willing to accept, not willing to postpone, and one I intend to win.

With that being said, I shall better my behavior immediately. It won't be easily, but I will do my best; no, better then my best to correct the behavior for which I was banned.

Edited by Lilithvia

Guest Former Staff

Thank you for your response Lilithvia. We're going to hold you to behaving better. We've observed a sustained failure to be respectful and civil to fellow players which frequently leads to disruptive and harassing dialogue both in public and private chat.

Keep in mind the following areas:

1. Interacting with others in this community is usually done in the spirit of working together. Participating in this spirit will go a long way with others.
  2. If someone provokes you in chat (public or private), contact staff for assistance. Biting back can lead to punishments.
  3. If someone that you don't get along with is engaging in chat, don't provoke them as that can lead to punishments.
  4. Staff are volunteers who donate their free time to try to keep things ticking along. It is not acceptable for most of our free time when you are online to be spent having to monitor you.

With regards to your ban duration, I am taking into consideration the number of warnings you received, the time we spent having to monitor you over those 8 days, your apology and intent to do better.

Your ban duration will last for a total of one week. You have already served out nearly two days of this duration, so I'll unban you on Monday 28th May around 1pm BST. This will be one week.

Given your intent to do better, and how most of the issues we've been policing having some genesis in public chat, we're going to issue a one week mute for when you're back to help you to avoid situations that might put you in line for a punishment.

Guest Former Staff

It has been a week, you have been unbanned. Remember the instructions above, and we'll look to mute you once you're online next.