New moderator commands. Round #3 plus two edits

totemo

For Moderators

On PVE:

/send-pet-home

Look at spot on the ground where a pet is and run this command.  You will be teleported to the bed spawn of the owner of the pet (to load the chunks).  3 seconds later, the pet will be teleported to the bed too.  There must be exactly one pet at the spot where you look, otherwise it is ambiguous as to which pet would be teleported and you will be given a list of pet owners (/petowner) instead.

On all servers:

/list-invisible [radius]

List players who have the invisibility potion effect within the specified radius of you (default 30 blocks).  Conceived by buzzie71 to deal with invisible interlopers in arenas on Survival.

/tpnext [player]

/tpprev [player]

Sometimes, you want to quickly visit all players to check for large numbers of mobs or drops.  These commands teleport to the next or previous player in the list of all players.  If the optional player parameter is specified, it is treated as either the name (case insensitive and inexact: tote will match totemo) or 1-based index of the player (that is, if there are 50 players, it can be from 1 to 50).  Staff in ModMode and Admins are skipped.  The sequence of players to visit may change if/when players log out.  On average, though, if there are 50 players and you run this 50 times, you'll visit just about everyone.

I will be adding better diagnostic commands for lag in due course.

And since we have such a beautiful jail on survival, I have added the following commands (also available on  the other servers):

/setjail

An admin command to set the location of the jail. The /jail command is unusable until an admin has run /setjail.

/jail player

Send the player to the jail and mute them. On creative, also change their game mode to survival.

/release player

Unmute the player and send them to spawn. On creative, also change their game mode back to creative.

The /jail command is currently untested on creative. If the C admins want to use it there, they'll need a jail location set and we'll need to test the interaction of /mute and gamemode setting with /tp and /warp to make sure that jailed players can't use commands to escape.

Regarding C, cyotie911 already set up a nice jail in spawn (a.k.a. the Box of Shame) that I've used a few times to slow someone down while I take screenies.  One question, though; do the jail commands require a player to be online, like /mute and /fakeop (I assume yes, since muting is involved)?

Regarding C, cyotie911 already set up a nice jail in spawn (a.k.a. the Box of Shame) that I've used a few times to slow someone down while I take screenies.  One question, though; do the jail commands require a player to be online, like /mute and /fakeop (I assume yes, since muting is involved)?

Yes. The player must be online, at least in the current implementation. :)

• 1 month later...