Request again.

SkrapssparkS

Could we please get an official team of staff members in charge of organizing games on things like steam? I know this has been requested a lot. Putting up threads for other game get togethers on r/mcpublicofftopic is useless nobody reads that anymore, it'd be much better to have a few members of staff make a thread saying ok guys vote on a game you'd all like to play at x time on x day highest voted game wins and we will play it then. Minecraft gets stale playing it all the time, and a lot of players here agree that it's the community that keeps them here not the game. I know many people that wouldn't play MC anymore if there wasn't the nerd community, so why limit ourselves to minecraft? The reason I'd want a small group of staff members in charge of this is it makes it more official, you could also make a group on nerd.nu/staff saying misc games moderators or admins whatever. People wanting to join for the first time would be able to see who they can go to. It's a great way to build up a better sense of community. I mean join a sport at uni you don't just do that sport you guys go out and have a few drinks every now and then and have social events unrelated to the sport. There isn't really any harm in it so it shouldn't be discussed and then forgotten I'd really like to see this change. The team of staff would be about 5 mods/admins if certain players can't play the game set you could have 5 different games running lead by a staff member each so you could have a group playing L4D2, another playing TF2, another playing Damned ect. Please don't forget about this request, I'd like to see something done about it soon. Thanks guys. 

• Upvote 6

I run an unofficial nerd.nu group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/redditmcgaming

Its the Steam group that actually does shit. We play almost every night, and play various games such as TF2, Gmod, Civ5, Firefall, Planetside2, and others.

I want the main Steam group to be more active but when there are deceased persons in major positions of power then your group has gone stale. I made a post a while ago about how there needs to be a community Admin but I was told that there is no need or reason for one. 

There should be one, imo, for reasons like this, or for the people that actually want to play and do things outside of MC. I havent seriously played MC in about 8 months, but the staff want a person who plays on the servers more. I believe that someone who does NOT play MC is the best choice, as the obvious server divisions are useless when there are no servers.

Join us, we'll be playing a CSGO tourney on Saturday.

• Upvote 5

Expanding on what d3north said, the RedditMC Gaming group is actually poised to host some events. All we need is some staff endorsement and then we'll have a blast of a time playing games such as CS:GO, FoF, Gmod, whatever you want. We've got an ideal setup and we're more than happy to add a few official nerd.nu admins in to keep an eye on what's happening, but I don't see any downside to helping us out with these events. It's more than obvious that the RedditMC Steam group is inactive and getting anywhere with that would take much longer than it would to lend us a helping hand with our ideas on RedditMC Gaming. Is it unofficial? Sure, you could say that, but I don't see any reason for the nerd.nu staff to not give us a bit of a boost with what we're doing or simply declare it as official. You lads will have plenty of control over things - and frankly refusing to help us isn't going to benefit the nerd.nu community in any way. Consider endorsing our group for gaming events and using the official one for community announcements, discussions and whatever else. This really doesn't need to get overcomplicated, we're here to play games - not be politicians. 

You can't claim to be a community-influenced network if you don't lend help to anything that you didn't create officially. 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 4

Expanding on what d3north said, the RedditMC Gaming group is actually poised to host some events. All we need is some staff endorsement and then we'll have a blast of a time playing games such as CS:GO, FoF, Gmod, whatever you want. We've got an ideal setup and we're more than happy to add a few official nerd.nu admins in to keep an eye on what's happening, but I don't see any downside to helping us out with these events. It's more than obvious that the RedditMC Steam group is inactive and getting anywhere with that would take much longer than it would to lend us a helping hand with our ideas on RedditMC Gaming. Is it unofficial? Sure, you could say that, but I don't see any reason for the nerd.nu staff to not give us a bit of a boost with what we're doing or simply declare it as official. You lads will have plenty of control over things - and frankly refusing to help us isn't going to benefit the nerd.nu community in any way. Consider endorsing our group for gaming events and using the official one for community announcements, discussions and whatever else. This really doesn't need to get overcomplicated, we're here to play games - not be politicians. 

You can't claim to be a community-influenced network if you don't lend help to anything that you didn't create officially. 

If only I had all the games you all played I would love to get involved and help out! I still need to add all of you on steam as well... Also eehee, that was perfectly said, "This really doesn't need to get overcomplicated, we're here to play games - not be politicians. "

• Upvote 1