bad_apple_797[edk] irc ban

Darkelmo

Well, I am not too sure as to how long the ban was for, but I cannot check due to the fact that I am no longer allowed to access my home computer unless for school work, and I cannot check to see if I am still banned from the current PC due to the fact that I am at school (Firewalls and stuff).

As I vaguely remember, I drank but a little too much last night, enough for me to get so bored that I decided to have a chat with the people of nerd.nu.

I may have spammed chat or something but at the time I couldn't tell what the ban was for because the irc message didn't make alot of sense to me.

If I was banned for something other than spam as I am quite aware that I clearly did, I would like to see the evidence of such logs. I also remember sending a message to the head admin or something, I don't remember what I said though. I really don't remember what happened last night and this was one of the least of my troubles.

When I am less grounded, I will be able to access irc anyway, but in the case that I am still banned or if you think I need a touch up on the irc rules, I am appealing in advance.

I am very sorry for my actions and I do hope that this does not in anyway give off an impression of my regular conduct/ mentality.

Thank you for listening,

-Me

Edit: Oh, I forgot to check my messages (DERP) to see what I said about the Head Admin, No need to quote that for my memory.

Edited by Darkelmo

Links to previous mumble bans:

http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/69405#Comment_69405

http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/13234

In both of the above appeals the next ban from mumble was supposed to be permanent. 

Other chat related bans:

http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/39430#Comment_39430

http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/8703

Quite positive that we have given ample chances for a change of behavior, However, it seems to me that this behavior isn't going to change.

Please keep the above in mind when handling bad_apple's appeal.

I am able to respond from home for now (I'm not really supposed to), but i wish to draw attention to a few points in light of the above linked comments before the banning moderator handles my appeal

The in game bans happened years ago (Around 2) and while that may not be much time for someone to change, for a young one like I, it is. One was concerning myself complaining about the moderation of a particular player (I broke no rules while doing so) And I got muted for it due to annoyance. I took this very personally as I saw it as unjustified, and my real offense was spamming modreq to be unmuted. It was a simple concern of policy where I was arguing the wrong side and I overreacted to the mute. That is all.

Secondly my ban for spamming caps was stupid but a minor offense of a tiny rule where I said a banned word in caps along with other completely acceptable (Though not very polite) words. Don't see how that is related to this ban if this is concerning 'behavior' and not 'chat spam'

The third and fourth ban regard my over reactions to playful insults thrown at me in mumble. One of which involved a personal judgement of character by Tharine who decided that my worth as a human being should be determined by someone who plays minecraft with me. I tried to keep calm during the conversation which was at a personal level and clearly shouldn't have been taking place via a videogame chat application especially when I don't know this person on a personal level. Tharine continued to throw passive aggressive assessments at me which were blatantly wrong and also slightly offensive (Though this I did not mind as much). I couldn't bare to have more nonsensical dribble thrown at me so I was a little rude about it (And was muted for being rude). When I had enough, I informed her that I did not wish to continue the conversation. She pretended to 'respect my choice' and then went on scolding me for being too 'ignorant', 'young' and'immature' to see things her way in light of my wish to discontinue the conversation instead of submitting to the life teachings of Dr Tharine.

It was then stated that my ban would have been given aside from my PM sent following her having a final bash at me and then bolting to the safety of a staff channel.

Now these are all interesting bans sure sure. But I don't understand how these instances are related to me getting a little tipsy and jumping on irc. They simply shed light on how I do not see eye to eye with the majority of individuals on the servers and I don't think while drunk, that I decided to display 'behavior' worse than being a little spammy. However if I did do something like stir drama and stuff, I would like to see evidence of such (You obviously didn't save it, another word for word based ban) kudos if you saved it. 

Anyway, Probs be the last post in a while