[PMC] Arena events on Survival

Mumberthrax

Forgive me if this is already being discussed or has been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it, but what are the current plans for admin/mod-hosted arenas on S? I know we had one spur-of-the-moment arena night not long ago, and i had been under the impression there was some kind of arena league planned as well. Have there been other arena nights which I've missed?

Is one individual currently in charge of this? Are multiple S admins working together to manage arena planning right now? If so, where is the planning taking place? I know it's been mentioned that moderators may be able to host arena events too - has that idea been developed?

I'm basically coming into this blind, having just tried to search through the forum posts and meeting notes for my background information.

Most importantly, what can I or the other moderators, or the players even, do to help get arenas going and going well?

• Upvote 1

I'm doing the SAL this rev, and I have not been able to do it yet because real life things came up. Things are settling down for me again, and I will be running a few arenas this upcoming week. 

Any mod can run an arena if they would like. The command to open the arena is /arena 1 and it's /arena 0 to close it. There is also this page on the wiki that ludeman made before he left that says how to run an arena and what prizes to give out.