Oomka123 [totemo]

PhoebeDee

Ban for oomka123 on c.nerd.nu for xray on S nerd.nu/appeal by totemo on 2012-11-12 19:46:01 (no more bans, no notes)

It seems he was banned just over a year ago for using some form of x-ray to cheat. This is a fairly major rule violation for us, because it takes valuable resources away from those who are playing by the rules. The typical ban length for this is a month, which is long passed. Before we unban him, I'd like him to tell us if he knows ShadowNinja563 and alexander3236

This must be a case of mistaken identity. We only recently, within the last couple months have even attempted to login to a multiplayer server. My son does not know those players and does not have any idea how to use any kind of X-ray cheat. (Or any other cheat) I don't think we have even tried to login to one of your servers.

What is the "totemo" connected to his name? This is not us.

That would be the staff member who banned the player. Unfortunately, totemo is no longer on our staff, which is why I have taken this ban appeal. We do not ban players without enough evidence to support it, and totemo was always one to be more lenient when dealing with possible x-ray cases. The fact that he issued this ban means he was confident enough in the evidence he found. Per the stats on our banning service site, he has logged into our severs 29 times which lead to his ban on November 11, 2012.

What is the "totemo" connected to his name? This is not us.

If I may comment, I was the moderator who issued the ban at the time, although I have since retired from that role.  Oomka123 definitely played on our servers, although I recently deleted screenshots older than about 6 months to free some disk space.

It sounds like his account may have been compromised, meaning someone was able to guess his password or steal it using a variety of scams.

If it was from someone else, then I would say you bought a banned account, and we'd go from there. Since you say you were the only owner, then one of two things happened: (1) your account was compromised and used to violate the rules on our server, or (2) you have a child who, like any child, is attempting to hide the truth of a fault he committed. So, since we can't really prove either way, lets assume both. To get this unban process rollings I need you two to:

(1) Take time to go to the mojang website and change your password

(2) Read through the rules

Once you've completed these, comment back here saying you have changed your password, and quote the rule that was violated by the account.

I will do what you ask. I have also contacted Mojang regarding this issue. I want to point out that as I mentioned before my son is not capable of the infraction he is accused of. He is seven and only began using multi player servers a couple months ago. I am very frustrated to have to be making such effort for him to be able to continue to play the game.

I will do what you ask. I have also contacted Mojang regarding this issue. I want to point out that as I mentioned before my son is not capable of the infraction he is accused of. He is seven and only began using multi player servers a couple months ago. I am very frustrated to have to be making such effort for him to be able to continue to play the game.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but when you read through the rules, you can see that we deal with accounts, and not people. So, if in fact it was someone else in control of the account at the time, it is something the owner has to deal with. As I said, x-ray is one of the major rule violations that we have, as it is one of the few things that has lasting effects on the entire server. We do not issue these bans lightly, so the unbanning process does take a bit of time. I'm sure you can understand the frustration of the other players who had to go without the resources that were x-rayed for. As per my last message, comment back here with those two things, and we can get to the unbanning.

I have changed the password.

The rule that we were told was violated is:

Players using modifications to change gameplay may be asked to stop, kicked, or banned with little or no warning depending on the severity of the situation. This includes, but is not limited to: noclip, invincibility, speed modification, xray/ore-detection, and duping hacks. (Note that Survival has its own list of approved client mods; see below.)

Thank you. Now, I know it is always nice to teach little ones that there are consequences for their actions. Be sure to thoroughly go overthe rules with him on whatever server he decides to play on, and you can show him this appeal, because I'm certain appeals on other servers are more difficult if not impossible. He is unbanned. Welcome back.