A thought I had just now about how flow /modreqs could be improved.

Elephant Parade

According to the statistics posted to the subreddit, flow requests make up a huge chunk of all /modreqs.

Though I don't know exactly how the /modreq system works, as I am not a mod, I think it would save effort if there was a /flowreq command.

The syntax would probably be "/flowreq [x] [y] [z] [comments]", or a variant. Though it would take some work, it might be possible for a plugin developer to give admins the ability to warp to the /flowreq location and view the comment with one command. It would also separate flow requests from other requests, though I have no idea whether this would be a good thing or not.

Of course, I have no idea how admins view and fulfill flow requests, so I'm not sure if this would be better than the current system. This is just a suggestion.

The way our modreq system works, the spot the player is standing when they create the modreq, we have the ability to easily teleport to that location. So assuming the modreq for flowing water was made by the water block in question, when we accept and teleport to the modreq, we are right there beside it. There is no need to separate these reqs from other ones, because it would just be more commands to remember to achieve the same goal. Some of the commands we use will claim the modreq, teleport us there, and view the comment submitted by the player all at the same time. We appreciate you taking the time to write up possible suggestions, we enjoy seeing players take pride in the servers.

• Upvote 1