[PMC] MCPublic Youtube Channel

SwitchViewz

With the recent push for advertising and getting our name out there more I have been thinking that it was about time we started putting the MCPublic youtube channel to use. I've listed below a variety of ideas that I have thought of and would like to know others thoughts/if it'd be possible.

• Events: I think it'd be good if we uploaded events that happen around all of the servers to give people a better idea of what goes on. Some examples: Spleef Club that happens every Saturday, the recent CTF event, admin hunts, arena nights, etc.
  • Server Trailers: Each rev for each server a video is recorded to show off some builds/terrain of it. This could be used to give a small tease of what our server is like. Things that could be recorded would be spawn, the nether, end portals, or other things.
  • Rev Trailers: Before a rev starts I think it would be a neat idea to give a small tease/hint at what is up and coming in the rev.
  • Rev Progress Videos: At the start of a rev, randomly pick out a bunch of spots on the map and record a small clip of the terrain before the rev launches. Then as the rev progresses, every few weeks record the same spots and then put them in a video at the end of the rev to show how much progress has been made. Sort of like the livemap over time gifs.
  • Warp/Places spotlight: Every week or every few weeks randomly pick 1 or more (or decide some order) /warp on C or /place on P and highlight it in a video to show off some of the spectacular builds we do.

I know some things such as the rev progress videos may be not possible since were not supposed to be using modmode/flying around for purposes other than moderating. I'm curious if exceptions could be made/other peoples thoughts on this.

I have 2 computers capable of recording in HD and would be more then happy to do recording for anything (assuming I'm not busy). I also have been recently recording the Spleef Club matches and have no where to put them, and would be more then happy to edit them and post them here/send them to a head admin.

Let me know your thoughts/opinions/ideas on this!

• Upvote 2

I strongly support this idea, but I think there needs to be more organization of the video process.  Saying you're willing to record things in HD is excellent (and rather envy-inducing on my part), but you don't seem to mention any specific plans of videos to make, and anyone with specific videos in mind might not know or remember your willingness to the cameraman.

Would it be possible to have maybe a thread where people with recording capability and willingness to record for others could identify themselves as the server camera people?  If we're going to produce videos as a community, I think that would be a good role to add.  And (I've brought this up in the mumble meeting thread), who would be in charge of approving/posting videos?  If anything comes of this, that would be too much for the HAdmins to make it another "side duty."

I strongly support this idea, but I think there needs to be more organization of the video process.  Saying you're willing to record things in HD is excellent (and rather envy-inducing on my part), but you don't seem to mention any specific plans of videos to make, and anyone with specific videos in mind might not know or remember your willingness to the cameraman.

My hope was that I would post here and get some more ideas/support. I can't say "I am going to do this" as I'm not sure if I would even be allowed to do some of them. Such as: How would I be able to do Rev teasers if I don't have access to the map before the rev launches (only admins do)? How would I do some of the /place spotlights if were not allowed to fly on P/S? Etc. My hope was that we could brainstorm some of my suggestions and thoughts on how to approach these ideas as well as generate new ideas. This wasn't meant to be a "plan of action" it was more of a brainstorm so that we could figure out "how are we going to do this and what should we do."

Would it be possible to have maybe a thread where people with recording capability and willingness to record for others could identify themselves as the server camera people?  If we're going to produce videos as a community, I think that would be a good role to add.  And (I've brought this up in the mumble meeting thread), who would be in charge of approving/posting videos?  If anything comes of this, that would be too much for the HAdmins to make it another "side duty."

I would be more then happy to help out in anyway that I can but it is really up to HAdmins on how they want to handle it.

Toward the end of a revision, it would be neat to have a recap/tour video, good for both memories and advertisement (along the lines of this:

). You don't even really need to have flight, just run around and film the best attractions on the server then edit them together. Doing this for past

revisions without such a video would be awesome too.

However, I'm of the opinion that modmode flight should be allowed for production of videos for the youtube channel, as this would be for a specific staff purpose as opposed to mere sightseeing.

• Upvote 2