Halloween On Nerd Is Going To Be A-MAZE-ING

LadyRavenOwl

For the past month a few of us have been working on a community Halloween event to be held on the Event server.  The event features two main attractions:

Pumpkin Carving Speed Build

This part of the event will be held on Saturday, October 25th, at three different times so I can cover all player time zones.  There will be three rounds with three winners from each round.  The fourth round will be a build off between the nine winners.  The three winners from the final round will have their pumpkin on display in the Pumpkin Patch of the maze Halloween weekend.  Space is limited so please sign up for one of the slots below by PM-ing me here with the time slot you would like to build:

SLOT ONE - Aussieland

SLOT TWO - Brits&Friends

SLOT THREE - North America

The Champion build round will take place at 7p CDT on October 25th.  Translate for your time zone here.

For those of you unfamiliar with speed building but think you may want to give it a try, speed building is a game where you build (or in our case carve) within a certain amount of time while in creative mode.  I will make a defining post closer to the event with the time allotment etc.  You may reference this post by LetsBFehr for more background on speed building: Speed Building

The Night Is Dark and Full of Terrors

Opening again to the public at 12a CDT, October 31st, the Event Server will be showcasing our second attraction, a multi-area (and in some cases multi-level) maze.  Don't worry, while I am known for building mazes with no exit, I assure you this one can be solved!  More than just getting through the maze though, the surrounding area of the maze is full of different things including, but not limited to, the Pumpkin Patch that will have our three winners from the speed build.  Different areas will have different enemies and different upgrades.  Prepare for riddles and combinations locks to get through the maze, it'll be the most fun you'll have fighting for your life.

Special Tiny Sneak Peak

While I'm at this I would like to take this moment to give special thanks to the staff members and players helping me make this possible:

Maze Spawn: SwitchViewz

Creative Speed Build Arena: unce

Everything Technical and Training Me to Use World Edit: slide23

Writing a Plug-in For Aesthetic Purposes, the Barn, the Rivers, and other building: JudgeDread

Redstone: TheRandomnatrix

General Testing: All server admins & Mrgauthier34

You guys really have been fabulous and I really appreciate all your hard work.  Also thank you for helping me stay stress free and sane (well more sane-ish).

• Upvote 18