Creative Feedback Thread: What do you want to see in Rev 28?

LetsBFehr

. . . Plus I wouldn't have to worry about my build interfering with someone's city expansion, as I'm never sure how far out would be okay for me to build. On top of this, there's so many small builds everywhere so it's hard to find a decent area away from people's builds to do a large scale building.

If not, at least, take this into consideration.

As of now - I've spent the past hour or so looking around the map for an area reasonably distanced from people's builds to do another large scale building and so far I've no dice. . .

Another possible solution is just to make the map bigger.  With sprint-flying, teleporting, warps, etc, the map could easily be a lot bigger.  Disk space isn't an issue either, I have a world that is 28,000 blocks on a side, and it only takes up 14 gigs.

• Upvote 3

This is the price of playing on a public server that does not have builder ranks, etc.   Everyone can build, and they can build what they want.  The cadmins don't dictate what people build, and I don't think fragmenting such a small server population in to multiple themed servers is the right answer.

Then maybe we should have a bigger map?
IIRC PVE has a way bigger map than we do, and in terms of how spread out people's builds are, I'd say they're far enough apart that finding space isn't a problem (judging from the live map, but the livemap is a bit deceiving at times). I mean let's be honest here - I shouldn't have to spend 2 hours looking for a place to do a big build because every spot I find is either inhabited by small builds, or the perfect spot that's been claimed by someone's region for a city that's going to get mutilated because their city needs to be flat.

Another possible solution is just to make the map bigger.  With sprint-flying, teleporting, warps, etc, the map could easily be a lot bigger.  Disk space isn't an issue either, I have a world that is 28,000 blocks on a side, and it only takes up 14 gigs.

Or maybe enforce shorter revisions. With all the talk we've had about having shorter revision (3-4 months) it seems pretty null when it's not enforced. I'd have thought the rev would've reset with the new year - as it's been 5 months already. Also expanding the map on need rather than a set schedule like we do now should help.

I just wanted to point out that we are in fact making the map bigger from the start this time around. It will have the same extension pattern, just much larger than the one we have currently.

Oh goody!!

How big will it be though considering admanta is going to need a fuckton of space for area 51?

• 2 weeks later...