[PMC] Question #6942: Why aren't item frames mod placeable on C?

MasterCommaThe

I'm aware item frames make a server exploit possible. Previously I assumed this was a blanket issue across all servers. However, I've recently seen the frames in use on S, so there must be more to this issue than I'd originally understood. If spamming the items caused the exploit, making the items mod placeable would solve it on C usually, so there must be a reason we haven't done that. So would someone with a technical understanding bring me up to speed (in private on IRC if necessary)?

Guest Former Staff

If spamming the items caused the exploit, making the items mod placeable would solve it on C usually, so there must be a reason we haven't done that.

The answer to this is one that Cyotie, Dumbo and myself need to answer to. Within our discussions on item frames this is still the main frontier that we need to look into. I'll make sure that we can have a decision for you as soon as possible.

As a side note, I dis-agree with the opening to your topic title. You've asked a lot of questions recently on the forums and I'm yet to find one that wasn't worth asking.