[PMC] [Event] Chaos Revision 7 - Brainstorm

SwitchViewz

Hey their everyone, I am happy announce an upcoming event called 'Chaos Revision 7'. For those of you not familiar with Chaos Rev's, Chaos was a past server that we hosted at x.nerd.nu that was 24/7 Chaos but was shut down due to lack of hardware. I am bringing back the Chaos Server for a short couple weeks with a new revision as an event. However this time around it will not be the Chaos that everyone is used to at the end of a servers rev or even the past Chaos Revs. Oh no, this Chaos will be true Chaos. There will be insane ore plumping, xp plumping, loot, and plugins to enhance the Chaos.

This thread is going to act as a brainstorm for all the ideas that are currently being considered. I'd also like to have anyone that wants the help to help out!

Current staff helping:

Leads: SwitchViewz, zburdsal

Staff: SkrapssparkS

Ideas we are considering:

- Incredibly small map, such as 500x500

- Have it take place in an abandoned city

- Insane ore plump, such as 10x

- Insane xp plump, such as 10x

- Insane mob spawns

- Super powerful and strong mobs/bosses

- Random events, such as TNT rain

- Loot scattered around the map

Plugins we are considering: 

Custom Enchantments

Custom Potions

ChaosSpawners

MorePotions

BloodMoon

ChaosSkulls

This is just what we currently have so far for ideas and would appreciate any ideas that everyone has! I am also currently working on getting a Chaos-Dev Server up and running for us to soon start construction.

Weird direction I thought of without thinking of more concrete details - what about gameplay directions that would encourage players to keep their inventory on them and discourage building of hidden bases?  Perhaps allow a virtual inventory space where items inside are guaranteed not to drop on death?  One of the gripes mentioned in the past was that players would get upset that their base was xrayed into and then quit (regardless of whether the xrayer was rolled back) - in my time on Chaos-type servers before joining Nerd I can attest to that frustration.

On the flipside, it can potentially be a major deterrent to PvP if that is the encouraged playstyle.

Small map? That sounds a bit odd, it may open up more opportunities for pvp, however from experience with chaos revision several people go far out to create their base to prevent it being destroyed. Making a base in a 500 by 500 area is almost a guarantee to have it destroyed before it's even completely finished. I'd say have a wider map than that. 

Small map? That sounds a bit odd, it may open up more opportunities for pvp, however from experience with chaos revision several people go far out to create their base to prevent it being destroyed. Making a base in a 500 by 500 area is almost a guarantee to have it destroyed before it's even completely finished. I'd say have a wider map than that. 

We could add in various reforced blocks that people could use for there base, kind of like we did during the Citadel S Rev. The idea is to keep everyone and PvP focused into a small area, though it does discourage base building.