PvE needs a chaos event for 2 days before reset

Forever_A_Steve

When a reset comes around, the main problem is that people lose motivation and just spend time planning for the next rev, resulting in a huge spike in inactivity. The problem is that there is no fun in preparing for the next rev as everyone loses motivation.

A solution would to save the map at a certain time before the rev 16 starts and to enable PvE without any protections, Auto flow lava/water, and destroyable with TNT.

Alot of amazing feats have been accomplished in PvE and we should be able to have fun in holding a demolition event to go nuts in celebration of the new rev! Just like S does.

Theres alot of things to grief and destroy.  :wink:

We've done it before. I think the reason it's never been done since is because it caused some drama from people who didn't realize the map had been saved, and people joining the server in time for the new rev walked in on a burning hellscape, it looked like a griefer-friendly server and we don't want to look like that.

But we'll discuss it, might be different if we do it again.

• Upvote 2

Easy fix.

You can even announce it beforehand 

That's how it was done last time. Did absolutely nothing to stop tons of people who had never played on our server before asking "CAN I GRIEF ON THIS SERVER COOL" then continuing to do so after the new rev launched. Or the people constantly modreq'ing people who were griefing their builds, then getting upset at the mods for doing nothing about it.

If we have a clear message up saying chaos mode griefing allowed, and for the first day or so of the new rev a message saying chaos over griefing no longer allowed, I don't think people should have an excuse, if we label it clearly enough there shouldn't be a problem and people saying "Oh I thought it was chaos" are just trying to make excuses. It's ultimately up to the padmins and I may have a bit of a harsh outlook on this ^_^