Allowing a region to be "invisible"

kittypuppet

So I had this really cool idea for a plugin or something - you can set up a region that's "invisible".

Nobody can see what's in the region - it just looks empty or maybe there's a cloud around it or something (except in modmode)

I was thinking about 3 or 4 blocks into the region, the "fog" dissipates/everything starts to "fade" into vision

I have no idea if this is even possible to do in minecraft, but it's an idea!

That sounds really cool! you could maybe use render fog, but that might have to be a client side mod. D:

I know I would use this for things, although I see problems (or rather don't see them as they are obscured by mist) when everyone tries out this really cool feature and the server is turned foggy...

• Upvote 1

I'd assume you'd have to modreq it

Hm, I guess that could work, but it would be difficult because if someone wants a mist on their region and there's already a lot of people with it, it's gonna be hard for mods to say, "no, we just can't."

But seriously though, this is an awesome idea and I really want to see it in the server.