Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Staff Meeting Notes

Recommended Posts

November/December 2017 Staff Meeting Agenda & Notes
December 9, 2017 5:30pm EDT

  • Creative
    • Spleef is having a fairly decent turnout. Cadmins will continue alternating
  • PvE
    • Reminder that Secret Santa sign up ending today
    • Padmins have added Easy-sign at spawn to get treat
    • Discussion regarding grief and when/how to handle (stemming from a specific incident)
    • Testing new death message on dev currently - should be coming to P soon, this time around will have 450+ messages. 
    • Admin Hunt 
      • Catsenburg won the poll 
      • Padmins have rebuilt the event hub 
      • looking to have first hunt in January would like to have admins to visit arena soon to take a look around.
    • This week we reach golem soul target. Setting up villagers, looking for suggestions for special trades, otherwise will be going with list they have. 
    • Don’t forget to check out the change log for all things!
  • [Redacted] discussions for ongoing projects    
  • Minigames
    • No updates
    • Techs will look into adding more maps, its not very simple and take some time to put together.
    • Miscellaneous discussions regarding the future of minigames. No decisions made at this time.
  • Head Admins
    • Staffing
      • Spook6 has been added to staff today. 
      • One other candidate has been approached and will consider
      • Note to look out for staff candidates during off-peak time zones. 
      • General reminder to staff to comment on notifications as they come in so they can be acted on timely.
      • Reminder to staff to watch for modreqs on creative so they don’t sit.
  • Open Floor
    • Updates requested on a tech project. Heads will try to get an update for the next meeting.
    • Zomise has updated advertising banners, some were not able to be claimed previously, zomise will need to provide an update for the next meeting.
    • All the verses will be released before buzzie’s gets busy. 
    • Please continue to add thoughts and ideas for the 2018 Fundraiser to the Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 2018 Staff Meeting Agenda & Notes

Saturday January 20th, at 5pm EST.

 

Creative - Brief Update

  • Hollifer has rejoined the Cadmins, Welcome back Hollifer!
  • Usage is going up
  • Spleef, weekly build, and speed build are still going, currently going through suggestions and working on other events. (defiex requested pics of events for Instagram)

PvE - Brief Update

  • Upcoming events:
    • Player events - Tabula Rasa is currently working on the PvE Olympics
    • Valentines Events  - see the subreddit for details
    • Admin hunt - being held tonight after Speed Build
  • There is a new document regarding protection requests

6k

  • Zom and buzzie were not present
  • The event has been revealed through small events across multiple platforms and was announced

Ongoing Projects

[redacted]

Head Admins

  • Mod Nominations and new staff discussion
  • Open floor discussion with staff on the state of the Nerdnu community and future goals
  • Fundraiser planning will begin soon ™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February 2018 Staff Meeting Notes

Saturday February 24th, at 5pm EST.

  • Creative

    • Rev 33 update

      • Next revision - Discussed ways to keep players active.

        • Current rev started Oct 14, 2017

      • Holli thinking of making a PSA post to help spread the word to C players what admins will support and help them with

      • Staff suggested other possible events for C including tours and cooperative builds

  • PvE

    • Rev 21 update

      • Nightoak - March 10th, 3pm Eastern time.

      • Tic & Ice's fireworks - March 9th, 8pm Eastern time.

      • End of revision zombies and chaos. We will be releasing more details about this event in future. This event is being made possible largely due to redwall's efforts.

    • Rev 22 update

      • Reset happening on March 16th. Theme is archaeology.

  • 6k

    • Discussion about progress

  • Other

    • Discussed other projects in the works

  • Head Admins

  • Mod Nominations/New Staff

    • Welcomed new staff and discussed more nominations

    • Recruitment criteria for upcoming month

      • Feel free to nom anyone you think would be good

    • Help Wanted

      • Send pictures to defie for instagram

  • Open Floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2018 Staff Meeting Public Notes

Saturday March 24th, at 5pm EDT.

 

  • Creative

    • Rev 33 update

      • C is doing well

      • Discussion regarding plug-ins

      • Still discussing rev lengths

      • Suggestion: use the end as “Space” on c

        • there’s a separate space world

  • PvE

    • Rev 22 update

      • Player counts have been good the beginning of this rev, average playtime seems to be up

      • Thanks to staff that helped prepare the map for the new revision

      • Discussion regarding moderation requests and mod training

      • Suggestions should be resolved soon™

      • Discussion on events, gameplay, and game performance on P

      •  
  • Discussed other projects in the works

  • Head Admins

    • Fundraiser Update

    • Mod Nominations/New Staff

    • Recruitment criteria for upcoming month

    • Help Wanted

  • Open Floor

    • General discussion about being more welcoming and helpful to new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 2018 Staff Meeting Agenda & Notes 
 Saturday April 28th, at 5pm EDT.

Creative

  •  Rev 33 update
    • Made a post about the revision, so everyone knows that it's going on a bit longer
    • Things are going pretty well
    • Barlimore mentioned he likes the reddit posts Holli has been making with shaders and such

PvE 

  • Rev 22 update
    • A few more moderators trained up this week 4
    • Land Claim Grief
      • Discussion on how to handle this type of request.
    • A number of changes from the tech team since the last staff meeting, including:
      • Signtext for players on P (thanks pez)
      • A few handy moderations to some older commands we use to restore pets (thanks pez)
      • An update to easyrider, incorporating a number of past suggestion box requests from players - there's a link on the forum if you haven't noted the changes yet (thanks totemo).
      • On a similar note, bermuda has been working on a possible fix for the issues players are having with drops from the dragon. Hopefully if it goes well, drops should be able to be received directly in the player inventory upon dragon death.
    • Note: We've spent countless hours discussing feedback so far this revision. At least largely in part due to the survey feedback, which we've since responded to. A number of the suggestions found Didy and myself in disagreement with one another on the course of action, so we had to hold additional meetings throughout the past two weeks to further those discussions, before reaching team decisions.
    • Reminder of the ongoing poetry competition - grand prize includes a fortune IV pickaxe.
    • Discussion of bringing new padmins to the team

Tech Admin Updates

  • A new member - Bermudalocket!

6k 

  • Paused due to some technical issues

Ongoing Projects

  • [redacted]

Head Admins

  • Fundraiser Update
    • Dungeon builds until June 1
    • Bard working on map
  • Mod Nominations/New Staff
    • Check the forums you lazy bums
    • Recruitment criteria for upcoming month
    • Keep eyes open and nominate when you see someone

Help Wanted


Open Floor

  • Plan on C training after next month’s meeting
  • Logblock Training/Practice
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 2018 Staff Meeting Agenda & Notes 

Saturday June 2nd, at 5pm EDT.

Creative

  • Going smoothly
  • Waiting for Dumbo to add traincarts

PvE

  • 24 people have completed the maze and claimed the prize, padmins continue to keep an eye on the progress. 65 people have started the maze, which is a good turn out.
  • Poetry competition was won by buzzie 71, 32 valid poems were received from fun to sad.
  • [redacted]
  • Progress made in future events and further the story line going on. Will be a large effort for us to put together.
  • Lost Slime Golems are still available. Basic hide and seek around the map.
  • Other events are also in the plans.
  • Since the last meeting there’s been a team increase, currently 4 padmins and it has allowed some more relax time for all.
  • Map world is getting an update. Old map world maps are also returning. Lots of new plots.
  • The newest tech admin has done some very helpful work already for PvE: special thanks for the shulker box content logging upon death.
  • More trades at spawn, including decorative skulls
  • Hopper policy has been introduced after testing. https://nerd.nu/forums/topic/4921-new-policy-regarding-hoppers/
  • Rev mid point is arriving, so padmins will be seeking feedback in the coming weeks, in the form of a subreddit post and forum topic for preparation of rev 23. We will also be reviewing feedback we have already received this revision from the suggestion box, survey and elsewhere before making decisions for Revision 23.
  • It’s likely that rev 22 will remain on 1.12 since the technical changes are so big, however the aim is that rev 23 would be on 1.13 (or the current version at the time) if it’s out.

6K

  • Discussed ongoing technical issues and progress made. 

Ongoing Project

  • Minor updates and testing still to be done.

Head Admins

  • Fundraiser
    • [redacted]
  • Mod Nominations & Needs
    • Please go vote
    • EU evening, early US afternoons could use more staff.

Help wanted

  • Nothing currently, but fundraiser things will go up soon

Second box down temporarily

  • Mumble got moved to another server
  • Dev servers, build and wiki are currently down. 

Open Floor

  • Hollifer: if anyone needs any C training or refreshers i'm pretty in the swing of doing that, you're welcome to hit me up pretty much anytime im online
  • [redacted]
  • June staff meeting will be June 30th, time pending
    • Sir_Didymus: Can I request that public staff meeting notes are brought up to date - I don't think I've seen them recently? Answer: Yes
       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×