CTA 25 Contest

ROCKONN

That's right folks, we'll be having a psuedo-contest on C to determine what kinds of track layouts we'll use for next rev's CTA rail lines!

To enter, here's what you've gotta do:

Go to c.nerd.nu
Warp to "CTA_Contest"
Read the guidelines

Build in the appropriate area

There are no limits to the number of track designs you're allowed to create/submit. There is no limit on space you're allowed to occupy, as long as your build doesn't interfere with someone else's build, or take up an ENORMOUS amount of space. Keep in mind that we aren't looking for a full out rail line, stretching from sea to sea, but a snippet of a larger picture.

The one real Rule for the contest is not to make a single line of wool or something of the like & call it a rail line. Derp coasters are not allowed. Make it detailed, or make it somewhere else.

There are 3 categories to build within. Allow me to make it clear that you should ONLY build certain track types within their allotted area. If you're unsure as to what goes where, just ask one of us & we'll set you straight.

Category One: Above-Ground/Surface Track Designs (YELLOW)
Here, we're just looking for surface-level designs. Monorails, subways, gondolas (why?) etc etc should not be built here. Builds of this type should be outlined in Yellow Wool.

Category Two: Subterrainean Track Designs (BLUE)
Subways are where it's at in this area. Dig down as far as you'd like, just don't dig through anyone elses build! If your build is completely submerged in soil, outline the area it occupies on the surface with Blue Wool. If you want to make your subway design on the surface, that's completely fine, as long as you build a full tunnel around it. Tunnel walls & ceilings, as well as floors should be detailed. Walkways as well as access tunnels and fire escapes should be considered, but are not mandatory.

Category Three: Transitional Elevation & Misc (RED)

If it doesn't fit into either of the previous sections, put it here. Anything not consistently touching the ground, like monorails, should be put here.

Things that change from one height to another should be put here. Telephone poles, power line towers, switching houses, engines, anything relating to rails should be put here. Specifically though, we'll be looking for designs that smoothly transition from one elevation to another, like from underground to surface.

That's pretty much it. As far as prizes & stuff goes, all I can promise is that your designs will probably make their way into the next rev's CTA system, in one way or another.

Best of luck,

ROCKONN

Goddamn it. Here I've spent the last few days on my single player world making a ridiculous amount of designs and you go off and make this.

Could I just post my pictures? I really don't want to replicate everything I've done.

• 2 weeks later...