Mumberthrax [defiex]

Mumberthrax

I noticed the other day that I no longer had access to the nerd.nu Discord server. I checked MCBouncer, and saw no ban for my account. Didn't have time to do anything yesterday, but today I double-checked MCBouncer and saw a minecraft ban was issued from Head Admin Defiex a day later. https://archive.vn/3OPRo

User Mumberthrax
Issuer defiex
Server c.nerd.nu
Reason Advocating violence against members of the community. nerd.nu/appeal
Time Banned Sept. 11, 2020, 1:24 p.m.

I can recall only twice where I advocated violence, both in the #politics channel for nerd.nu's discord server over the past few days.

Once was against pedophiles under the hypothetical scenario which Head Admin Fazaden invited my opinion on where all credible government, law enforcement, and judicial systems have broken down - and another was where I stated that I believe abortion (the killing of children inside of a pregnant woman's uterus) is genocide and thus people who perform abortions should be subject to the death penalty.

If it were the case that someone at nerd is a pedophile or an abortionist, then I could understand how this advocacy would apply to "members of the community". To my recollection none of the people I was engaged with at the time have explicitly admitted in public to being either.

Both assertions on my part are comparable - in the case where there is a judicial system and system of government which are deemed credible by the people governed, I support the death penalty as a law for pedophiles and for people who kill unborn children - in much the same way that I support and will openly advocate for the death penalty for people convicted for mass murders, rape, etc.

Thank you for detailing the ban in your appeal. 

To be clear, you were also advocating violence against anyone who was "pro-abortion" after a number of others disagreed with your anti-abortion arguments.  You were clear in your disdain for others in the chat calling them more monstrous than Nazis.  You implied that someone labeled "abortion serial killers" was "one of you guys". You advocated violence against the other members of that discussion.

If you have to say it's a joke after people call you out, it's not funny, nor was it a joke.

Your appeal is being denied at this time.

-defiex

you were also advocating violence against anyone who was "pro-abortion"

No, I was not.

You were clear in your disdain for others in the chat [...]

Yes, and disdain is not a violation of nerd.nu/rules.

[...] calling them more monstrous than Nazis

This also is not true, and it isn't a violation of nerd.nu/rules.

You implied that someone labeled "abortion serial killers" was "one of you guys".

This is irrelevant, and out of context.

You advocated violence against the other members of that discussion.

Repeating the same false statement to make the list of supposed justifications appear weightier only works on people who can't think.

If you have to say it's a joke after people call you out, it's not funny, nor was it a joke.

If you have to redefine what a joke is before the evidence is even presented, then you do not believe in the strength of your primary claim.

Your appeal is being denied at this time.

This defeats the entire purpose of the appeal section of the forums to deny an appeal before it is even able to be made - telling me that I cannot make an appeal before I even knew what it is that I had done to warrant the ban, much less providing evidence of such.

This appeals process was meant to keep the staff accountable to the player base, but each line of your response appears intended to obfuscate and evade that very purpose.

• Two lies
  • three things which are irrelevant
  • one item intentionally taken out of context to create a false impression of the conversation
  • a prophylactic redefinition of humor
  • an explicit rejection of the process meant to held staff accountable
  • and nothing concrete for me to even address such as a specific quote, or a copy of the logs.

It doesn't look good. In fact it looks desperate.

To be clear, I'm saying as someone who has been an admin on these servers, and as someone who has been targeted by admins abusing their powers multiple times in the past, that this head admin team are not doing their jobs properly and the community should take note.

Why the desperation?

Here is a sample of your recent discord comments:
"I wholly advocate the death penalty for people who perform abortions"

"Maybe we can talk about something that doesn't remind me of how utterly foul and monstrous you guys are.
like nazis"

"I think mass genocide of all pro-abortion people is reasonable"

"forgive me if I don't just accept what a monster tells me on discord"

"It is true, the time for argument has passed. It's time for action. On this day at this hour, we must enact the final solution to the abortion problem."

Appeals are not a place for a banned person to hear arguments in favor of a ban, pass judgment upon the ban, and decide if they will allow themselves to be banned.

The appeals process exists so people can argue in favor of returning to the community. Acknowledging the issue, and stating what you will do to avoid the issue in the future is a good start. You acknowledged the issue (good!) and then tried to justify your calls for violence(bad!) by mentioning two groups you believe are deserving of violence.

Your initial appeal gave no indication that you would hesitate to make similar statements in the future. Your reply is no better. Rule 1 is "be respectful and civil toward your fellow players" and we have reminded you of this more times than we should have needed to. You've required a disproportionate amount of our time to moderate.

Links to the time surrounding the sampled comments:
https://discordapp.com/channels/206022440269250560/245141036265897984/753109009699045438
https://paste.thezomg.com/75597/28955160/

Thanks
     -pez