Andrew4210 [ROCKONN]

Andrew_4210

Hey I was banned for a sign I made. Rock banned me because he thought it was directed at someone but that isn't the case. Word for word the text I made was from the navy seal copypasta.

This was also approved when it was protected which shows that the mod or admin who protected it was ok with it. Barlimore later messaged me and said it was ok to keep given the map not being around for too much longer. Also I think Barlimore said that it should have been in the 8bit area which I should have admin reqd it to be moved.

Personally I feel discriminated against for being banned for a legitimate build I made, which I worked hard on. That is all.

Ban information for ROCKONN:

Ban for Andrew4210 on c.nerd.nu for Large abusive sign on C, see notes nerd.nu/appeal by ROCKONN on 2013-07-21 18:47:00 (1 more bans, 2 notes)

Please be patient and ROCKONN will be with you as soon as they can.  If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

Regardless of the context you created the sign from, the in-game sign had no adjoining context. On its own, it's an abusive message potentially directed toward a specific person. Waiting for Barlimore to explain his logic for supposedly allowing this to be built.

Guest Former Staff

Just wanted to post to say that I've seen this appeal. Still away from home though but I'll try to look into this a bit. Rockonn, would you mind sending me the location of this sign please?

Edit: Found it through the logs. I'll post back a response as soon as possible.

Guest Former Staff

This was also approved when it was protected which shows that the mod or admin who protected it was ok with it. Barlimore later messaged me and said it was ok to keep given the map not being around for too much longer. Also I think Barlimore said that it should have been in the 8bit area which I should have admin reqd it to be moved.

I'm rather disappointed at your lies Andrew4210, we never had this conversation. Having re-done your edits for this build upon the map after finding it through the logs, I have not seen this before. Your build was protected by a moderator who will not be named as this appeal is not about them but I will ensure that we take steps to make sure this type of build is removed in future.

Let me know if you need any further information Rockonn.

I'm fairly certain that you sent me a mail stating that since it was near the end of the revision, I would be able to keep it. I could possibly be mistaken and have been given that message by the moderator who protected it or someone else. If that's the case then I apologize for the mis-information. I don't believe that this was meant towards anyone given it having the same text word for word as the copypasta. Additionally I would never use such juvenile tactics as this against anyone nor would I attempt to harrass anyone on the nerd.nu servers. The reason I created this is as a joke referencing the copypasta. I believe that assuming that this is meant towards someone isn't the fairest. Might I be given a shadow of doubt given I've never done such a thing as this before?

Totally believe you on the copypasta reference, please understand though that such things, if referenced, must be fully referenced, otherwise misunderstandings like this will occur again. Come to think of it, could've sworn this exact situation has happened before, but that could just be deja vu. Anyway, future reference, making a giant text sign with that kind of wording is just a bad idea. Unbanned.

I'm fairly certain that you sent me a mail stating that since it was near the end of the revision, I would be able to keep it. I could possibly be mistaken and have been given that message by the moderator who protected it or someone else. If that's the case then I apologize for the mis-information. I don't believe that this was meant towards anyone given it having the same text word for word as the copypasta. Additionally I would never use such juvenile tactics as this against anyone nor would I attempt to harrass anyone on the nerd.nu servers. The reason I created this is as a joke referencing the copypasta. I believe that assuming that this is meant towards someone isn't the fairest. Might I be given a shadow of doubt given I've never done such a thing as this before?

Before this is closed, I just want to point out that this behavior has been exhibited in the past, with several other mods voicing concern over the aforementioned behavior. If needed, logs can be supplied.

Anywho, just posting that little anecdote should this appeal be needed to be referenced in the future.