[PMC] Could we get a few public logs on our progress?

TheRandomnatrix

I've noted a few complaints from the playerbase not knowing much about the current state of progress, of particular note the Survival and PvE revs, updating the plugins to 1.6, and the CTF event. I'm hoping that getting some more information out there where everyone can see(preferably a google docs or some sort) would help ease those complaints and get everyone on board.

Are there any objections to such actions, and would anyone be willing to step up to provide such official updates?

• Upvote 3

Guest Former Staff

Are there any objections to such actions, and would anyone be willing to step up to provide such official updates?

This weekend I'll be working on a document that would run in parallel with this kind of suggestion. I'll put time into ensuring this is added in or created separately with the ability for Admins / Event organisers to be able to edit and update as things progress.

Thank you for this suggestion, it's been the elephant in the room for a while.

I've mentioned in a couple of my posts on the subreddit (and to whoever has personally asked me) that i'm planning to assess our whereabouts with the new Survival revision come the end of this week (Friday), and i'll still be going ahead with that as we've gotten things up and running properly on the event server and things are being pasted in and built as we speak. For anyone interested in seeing progress prior to my making a post, here is my checklist for Revision 22, and i'll be including the progress on that (minus any details that need to be kept a surprise) in my upcoming subreddit post.

There was some brief consideration of the order of server updates/CTF stuff in the -admins IRC earlier today, but it didn't sound concrete and i'd like for one of the Head Admins to be able to weigh in on that here if they have the chance. I'm on a roll with map building today, so i've not bothered to stop and ask further about whether we have any solid plans for that sort of thing.

Padmin here.  I know Denevien and tompreuss have both been working separately on creating the basis of the new map (map and spawn, respectively), and I'm hashing ideas out for an end-of-rev event for the current map and (starting to build/thinking about how to build) arena prototypes for the new map as well.  We don't have a checklist floating around among us at the moment (I don't think?), though certainly we could probably draw one up - maybe I'll give it a shot later today.

We currently still have no plans to reset P anytime soon. which admittedly translated to an apparent lack of transparency - it's a bit hard for us to offer information about something that we have none about :P.  That said, if the other Padmins are okay with a publicly viewable spreadsheet similar to the ones used for the previous updates during interim Chaos, maybe that will allay some fears that we are keeping secrets?  The downside I immediately see is that with a progress spreadsheet for the new map, players would think a reset were imminent and it would kill the life still present in the rev.

We have four major things on our to-do list:

1. Techs need to move us totally over to the new box.

2. CTF

3. Update to 1.6.2

4. Reset the Revs

i. Survival

ii. Creative

iii. PvE

Personally I was thinking ^ in that exact order, or rather with 3 and 4 at the same time. However, I'm open to changing the order of some of the things, such as we could update C to 1.6.2 now and get the new rev up later.

I think we're close to a working modmode or some equivalent (ask Deaygo/totemo), so we could update soon, then CTF, then new rev all the servers (in whatever order).

Took the liberty: http://www.reddit.com/r/mcpublic/comments/1j2pae/updates_on_our_todo_list/

Might be a good idea to clarify the "Reset the Revs" section. Right now it seems like PvE would be getting a new map upon an update to 1.6.2, whereas everyone asked about that has said that we have no plans to reset the map anytime soon. This implies either a miscommunication or that we have no plans to update to 1.6.2 anytime soon, lol.

• Upvote 1