The Redstone Towers - A Redstone Tutorial Area

MasterCommaThe

In our current (25th) Revision of Creative, I have been tasked with moderating, curating, and cultivating an area for players to create examples of the best Redstone has to offer. I wanted to open this forum up for players to ask any questions about what, how, and where to build their creations. I only had limited space to put rules on the signs in the towers, so I know there is more than can be explained.

Our intent is to make a collection of Redstone devices that explain the nuances of how to make some of Minecraft's most complicated and capable creations.

To start with, you can build anywhere in the towers that permissions let you (place a block to test if you can build, since all areas are under a parent protection anyone can build in). Once you've build something, make a /modreq as usual to get it protected.

Each segment of each tower is organized by the type of creation. If you can't find the category that fits your device, please ask, or build it on the lowest floor (labled Misc.). If it truly doesn't fit in any category it may inspire us to make a category for it! When looking for your category, consider that the simplest devices are at the top, and the most complex are at the bottom. The Towers each represent a principle, Thought and Action respectively. Thought is where various logic type devices are located. Action is where those devices are implemented to perform a real function (most often, a door).

Our goal is to make designs that fit into all sorts of configurations and orientations. Generally we want to see examples of the smallest, most efficient devices possible (Rube Goldberg on your own property!). If you run out of room in a category, send a mail to me and I'll do something (I don't know exactly what yet.) about it.

To help other players understand your creations please place at least one sign explaining what it is and who created it. Other signs to explain nuances are always appreciated.

So give me your questions, statements, and propositions below and I look forward to all of your creations!

• Upvote 3