kennya [totemo]

Hi, apparently I was banned for using an x-ray texture pack on PvE. I can assure that I did not use an X-ray pack, If you are reffering to the random tunnels i was digging, i was following cave sounds, trying to find one with minerals in it. If there is anything I can do to assure you that I did not use an X-ray let me know.

Edited by TheRealCountryOfKennya

Ban information:

Ban for kennya on c.nerd.nu for xray texture pack on pve nerd.nu/appeal by totemo on 2013-09-30 10:24:33 (no more bans, no notes)

Please be patient and totemo will be with you as soon as they can. If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

http://imgur.com/a/eD6E0 Let this be a refrence during this appeal prosess this is what happend after kennya's ban to a town on P.nerd.nu.

Our entire town was demolished before this appeal was proven and closed.....

The rollback occurs right after the ban, we are sorry but if edit have been viewed and seen as illegitimate then a full roll back will occur.

A quick scan through the 81 screenshots I took for this appeal shows that ores #4, #6, #8, #9, #10, #11, #15, #19, #21, #22, #26, #32, #33, #36 and #41, at the very least, are evidence of the use of an xray texture pack.

So that I can get on with more important matters as soon as possible, I would like to present those edits one at a time.  I post a screenshot.  You explain it, or recant your initial statement and save us all some time.  The reason I want to examine edits one at a time is so that they are not skipped over.  Then at the end we get to see all of the evidence. 

Here's the first (ore #6):

Please explain the how you happened to dig straight down onto this diamond.

OncFF88.png

Lava does not bubble all the time I heard it during the time the other pool was silent, and I've gotten good at listening to sounds and tracking them.

I realize that it would be a lot simpler for a lot of people if I said I X-ray, I still will say that I did not, but I respect the judgement of the mods and admins and I will accept what ever ban period you deem necessary for this without argument.

Digging straight down on lava is, of course, ridiculous.

This is the tunnel that you approached that ore from, cutting through a cave.

euqa3cY.png

This is a wider view of the same tunnel, which you made from right to left.  It traverses diagonally from the starting point towards the diamond.  

OLYfiZr.png

You hit a lava pool in the floor mid way.  Why did you not investigate this lava?  It takes moments to mine out above the lava yet you paused only for 5 seconds.

d8hoKmb.png

5Nl7BGQ.png

Actually the lava pool that you hit in that diagonal tunnel extends all the way to the diamond.  If you were able to hear lava when directly above the diamond then you would have heard lava at any point along the path between the lava in the floor and where you started mining straight down.  Yet you only "felt like it" when you were directly above the diamond - but not so directly as to mine straight down into lava.

Here's a screenshot showing the extent of the pool from the left most end of the row of orange cubes in the previous screenshot. Glass added by me while investigating.

XDOXqpE.png

This is edit #4, screenshot taken after the rollback for clarity:

You mined down through the floor into the tunnel below:

BJDmOFw.png

By way of a minecart chest:

1rSz8iU.png

You headed exactly for this spot in the wall:

Xft4oUA.png

Then pillared up on two dirt blocks and mined into the stone ceiling directly underneath the diamond.  Torches here were left by a previous miner.  

7lvW8W7.png

Please explain this sequence of edits.

For completeness, I'll now briefly review the other evidence that led to your ban and I'll make some closing remarks in a subsequent comment.

Diamond ore #8 was submerged in lava. You tunnelled straight down to the side of the pool containing it after destroying this spawner.

hpBhBjM.png

ckCLJXs.png

You tunneled diagonally up to #9:

91GCZQl.png

5ivLJS3.png

You tunneled across to another lava cave to get to #10:

WlrI57E.png

For #11, you cut through the end of a mineshaft and seconds later started digging down to the diamond, in contact with lava:

yZsxJA5.png

JDpjlDE.png

For #15, you cut through the end of this blind cave to hit diamonds in an adjacent tunnel on the other side:

76NWSxL.png

eY5PAq5.png

For #19 was again tunneling into a lava cavern:

SRBBJBq.png

#21 involved tunneling up under a diamond.  You hit iron along the way, but it was obscured by stone and you left most of it unmined anyway:

HhPs5hI.png

#22 was not overly suspicious, but you cut through the end of a mineshaft to another containing diamond very fortuitously:

wcJ6pnC.png

You pillared up to #26:

weGkT7z.png

uEw8MOK.png

For #32, you turned directly to a diamond exposed in another mineshaft:

IGENSSy.png

You pillared up from the mineshaft below to get to #33:

1IMBmpy.png

pePxoQb.png

You turned left and diagonally down to #36:

xd4XT0A.png

You again pillared up to #41:

VU0imAA.png

Overall, you mined 150 diamond ore, closely spaced in time:

wJsJa0q.png

9I03WT6.png

EP9Lza8.png

http://imgur.com/a/eD6E0 Let this be a refrence during this appeal prosess this is what happend after kennya's ban to a town on P.nerd.nu.

Our entire town was demolished before this appeal was proven and closed.....

Difficult1 has implied that this ban was conducted in a negligent manner - that we rolled back kennya's edits without proper investigation.  That is not the case.  These edits were examined by myself, Trooprm32 and tompreuss before the rollback was conducted.  They are so ridiculously blatant that it is completely laughable to deny them on kennya's part.  It is in fact extraordinarily benevolent of the P admins to undo any of the effects of the rollback on this town.

We roll back xrayers for multiple reasons:

• As punishment and a deterrent.
  • To remove illegitimately obtained resources from the game, and accordingly, to remove builds that were made from those illegitimate resources, or assisted by the use of tools created from them.

In this case, kennya mined 150 diamond ores, of which only approximately 70 were accounted for in his inventory and chests:

yPo53ZK.png

SRMZErR.png

joTOs0X.png

That means that approximately 80 diamonds are unaccounted for, or 260 if a Fortune pick was used.  It's reasonable to assume that some of those missing diamonds were given to other town members, but so far only admanta has volunteered to surrender diamonds given to him by kennya, despite the overwhelming evidence and kennya's belated admission.

kennya, you're banned for a month.  Read the rules (http://nerd.nu/rules) and open a new appeal on the 30th of October, stating that you will abide by them from now on.