SpeedBuilding!

LetsBFehr

w6J5a1u.png

SpeedBuilding on Creative!

What?

Last year we had a speed building craze on C that was extremely popular, and I think it's time for it to make a return!  Speedbuilding is a game in which players are presented with a topic and only have a certain amount of time to build something.  In our case, this even will have 4 rounds of 10 minutes each.  Each round, I will announce a theme, and you will have 10 minutes to build the best thing you can within your plot, myself and a panel of judges will then choose a top three and we will move on to the next round!

This sounds fun!  When is it?

This event will be this Saturday, January 11 at 2PM EST!  It will be held at /warp arena on C.nerd.nu!

If you aren't on the best coast (East Coast), you can use this converter to find when this event is!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SpeedBuilding%21&iso=20140111T14&p1=179

But wait, do I win anything?

Glad you asked!  While it's hard to give too many awards on C, the winner of each round will have his build immortalized at the C arena!  The Top 3 of each round will be posted on a large permanent sign at the stadium as well.  You also gain the satisfaction of being a better builder than all 27 other people and have bragging rights.

Sweet sounds fun I'll be there!  Anything else I should know?

There are 28 plots available, and they are on a first come first served basis.  I won't reserve plots so arrive a little early!  Also, there are 28 plots, and if we have more than 28 people, some people may have to cycle through each round!  If this event is popular enough, we can do more than 4 rounds and have more fun! 

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

-LetsBFehr

• Upvote 5

Is this going to be a recurring thing, or will this be the only 'official' speed build contest?

Either way, it sounds like fun and I'll try to be there :)

It's only a one time event, but myself and many others would be willing to do more if the turnout is good!  Also, the arena is open so if you ever want to just run an informal one just announce it in chat.