PVE megathread

ecool377

PVE MEGATHREAD

I think its time that we start a PVE mega thread due to the fact that the map is going away in a couple of weeks. I think this is a good idea to put all our ideas about next revision here. 

If we could put all our ideas in one place it would make it easier for people to converse here. 

CURRENT IDEAS:

• $pudcoins
  • water canal systems
  • smaller spawn.
  • MORE!

i will be updating the current ideas often if this thread picks up traction.

• Upvote 1

Ideas:

1) $pudcoin market? With some snazzy poisoned potato pixel art.
Redstone hopper exchange shops inside that accept $pudcoins for a variety of items, or give $pudcoins in exchange for a few items.
If I have time and there's a town that'll be putting an emphasis on $pudcoins I can set up the redstone, I just can't guarantee that I'll have time...but either way, I'd like being a part of that.

2) Using the Nether Portals primarily for rail/canal/road stations, rather than solely towns. Not that I won't expect towns to pop up on top of the portals, but they should provide access to other transportation methods close to the portal, or maybe even make a sort of transportation hub there.

3) Has an Uberproject been discussed? I'm not even sure how they're decided these days.

• Upvote 1

What if we use flint as currency, or have UMC members issue written books or named items as currency? Potatoes aren't limited enough IMO.

I'm not sure if you understand the concept of the $pudcoin. It's a renamed poisonous potato. This mean's it's rarer than a normal potato, plus you have to pay xp to rename it. Here's a link to the thread where I introduced the idea: https://nerd.nu/forum/index.php?/topic/1691-pudcoin/

I read that thread before, I've been thinking about currencies on here for a while and checked that out while I was researching. $pudcoins would need to have their drop rate lowered ALOT to work, that is why I suggested flint. I feel like we'd need a central authority to create $pudcoins with some sort of authentication system... serial numbers or the like. We'd need cities that agree to make exchanges with $pudcoins almost exclusively, too. Also, I would volunteer any diamonds I don't need for jukeboxes etc. next rev for the backing of the currency. Perhaps the rarest item of all, the dragon egg, could be donated to help back the currency. Then at the end of the rev, whichever group has the most $pudcoins could place a bid for the egg or something along those lines. These are all just ideas but hopefully they help point us in the right direction.

I get more flint than I get poisonous potatoes, so I don't think flint's the way to go.
Serial numbers...eh.

I think it's fine how it is, though I like your idea of an end of rev giveaway to the person with the most coins.
There's also going to be a bank and such for $pudcoins, and we've been discussing automated $pudcoin shops, businesses based around $pudcoins, ect.

I guess my biggest doubt is the fact that it has almost 0 of the properties needed for fiat currencies and we are trying to use it as such. Also, flint would be limited if they had gravel nerfed ALOT. No one likes gravel while mining anyways, make it more rare and we'd have a limited item, which is a property we need. Or limit poison potato drops. Otherwise, we'll all sit around and fantasize about $pudcoins working and they never truly will. If we use forethought and economics, we could make it happen for real.