Addition of mini games to creative???

SkrapssparkS

Okay, it's clear that we don't have as many players on creative as we used to, and one of the things that brought creative a lot of players was the fact that we were a bit more interesting back when we were in our first couple of years as there wasn't as many creative servers as there was now and so it made an interesting change to the usual survival/pve servers you'd find. However now, new servers are popping up with mini-games and interesting plugins to alter the game slightly. I think it'd be a good idea to try to incorporate some mini-games into creative, say in a cut off section of the map you could access with something like /warp mini-games. I think it could attract more players to our servers and it could add another exciting feature to creative. It also opens up opportunities for contests e.g. who can build the best mini-game map? Of course there are some issues with this, one being it's a huge change to our usual way, however I don't think we can say we are a vanilla server any more, we have altered the servers quite a bit, I'm also not entirely sure on how easy it would be to create a mini-games area in the creative map. I'd really like to hear the communities feedback on this and I'd also like to hear from the creative admins and the tech admins for their thoughts on the matter. Thanks :)  

• Upvote 3

I like the idea, but I see one main issue. In servers with mini games most people don't stay on for a long time.

While the player count would be larger, none of them would stay, more would come, more would leave. So while it potentially can bring in players, I doubt most will stay and create a community rather then people on a server.

I like the idea, but I see one main issue. In servers with mini games most people don't stay on for a long time.

While the player count would be larger, none of them would stay, more would come, more would leave. So while it potentially can bring in players, I doubt most will stay and create a community rather then people on a server.

I'd dispute that, actually. Four_Down has a Skywars server running on his rather successful network, and many people I know have been regulars on there for a long time, myself included. 

On top of that, the mini-games would only be a part of the Creative server - if players enjoy it, they;re likely to try out Survival, PvE and the actual Creative server. 

• Upvote 3

I'd dispute that, actually. Four_Down has a Skywars server running on his rather successful network, and many people I know have been regulars on there for a long time, myself included. 

On top of that, the mini-games would only be a part of the Creative server - if players enjoy it, they;re likely to try out Survival, PvE and the actual Creative server. 

That's my point. I am unsure if we are able to do this but we could alternatively have an entire other server for mini-games. We used to serve all aspects of minecraft (creative, survival and pve) so adding in a mini games server would be a fun experiment and hopefully if players enjoyed themselves on the server then we could have server messages on it talking about the other servers and hopefully that would attract more attention to us.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have actually started a minigames place at -2450, 2500 near the bottom left corner of the map. Come have a look, Im hoping to get it warped.

That sounds good but the sort of mini games I'm talking about are the ones where you have plugins to make them work such as the skywars sort of thing or the walls ect.

I think it would be cool to host monthly/weekly contests to make a minigame. For example, if you made a game and won a contest, that game would be used for a period of time until the next contest was held. We have a imaginative community, why not exploit it!