[AC] First Join & Command Messages

slide

So I'd like to add some helpful messages for new players to the servers, I was thinking of at least a "First Join" message that is kind of a welcome to the server thing, with maybe the most relevant/condensed rules there. Also for when they use commands that might have been on other servers and they expect to work here, the command would give them a short explanation of why it's disabled instead of just saying "No Permission". For instance on s & p it would be things like /spawn or /tp etc. If y'all are open to the idea, could you come up with some of this text (or give me the go ahead to do some myself) and post it here? Thanks!

For command failure messages, there's not much I can think of other than "Sorry, teleporting to places and players is disabled here." and "Sorry, but you cannot teleport to spawn at will on this server."

Those are off the top of my head, and don't really say more than the standard but verbose insufficient permission message.  There's not much to be said about the reason why they are disabled either, and even if included the message may end up becoming as verbose, if not more, than the default.  (Though that may be because I'm a cynic.)

If anyone takes an interest in these I'd rather they be rewritten first - since staff members can teleport (for moderating tasks only of course), saying that teleporting to players is disabled here (on P) has to me always felt like a pretty obvious lie.

• 10 months later...