[PMC] E Server Restructuring

SwitchViewz

Hey there everyone, this is going to bit of a lengthy post but it is a giant brainstorm and what I would like to accomplish with the E Server. I have broken the post into 2 parts, what I would like E to become, and ideas on how to accomplish this.

Right now the E server is a server that comes up very rarely for a special kind of event and fundraisers. It doesn’t have any real purpose besides hosting events. I want E to become a “4th server” that is always up and open to players for using.

This is my vision of a new E server: When you join the server you are put at the main server spawn, from there you can warp to various different places such as a PlotMe World for building events. Players can then build their own events with player ran events as well as contribute to other events.

This is my proposal at his time and it will change based on your guys feedback and suggestions:

• Always up E server
  • Multiple worlds to work on events or new server revisions
  • A main world containing a board with upcoming events, information, server teleportation, etc.
  • A world with plots for hosting build events

I would love to expand on this and improve it. What are your guys thoughts?

Ideas
Player Ran Events
This is something I have been wanting to do ever since I got on staff. This would allow players to host their own events and then lead them, with staff support for broadcasting, teleporting, prizes and more. I am not entirely sure how to go about this yet or how we should work out their requirements so any ideas here are welcome.

Planning Worlds
We are constantly thrown the suggestion that we should add a planning world for PvE or S onto C. This idea would take this but add it onto E where there is a world with WE and other tools open for everyone to use. It could also be a PlotMe world.

Archive Worlds
I’ve been often asked to put up old events on the download page or on E to view. Perhaps we could add all the past PvE, C, and S worlds onto E so that players can come on at anytime and view a world but not edit it. This would also save people with slow or limited internet from downloading a map.

• Upvote 1

Player Ran Events:

• Create template for players to go by to pitch an idea, e.g. Event title: Event: Time for the event: Rules: Suggested plugins:
  • Once we receive a completed template allow the tech admins to look at it to see if it's possible.
  • Put event onto an event calendar and tell the player the dates for their event
  • Ensure staff are online at that time to run the event.

Planning Worlds:

• Allow plot worlds for players to come up with build designs, secret events could be produced in single player and schematics could be sent in.
  • Lobby system inside the world with teleporter signs going to different areas of E, for example plot world or current events.
  • We should have mini games going on constantly e.g. spleef or pvp arenas or some redstone games just for people to do when bored or out of ideas.
  • When large scale events come up I'd say multi worlds should close to open up for the main event, this would be used for things such as CTF.

Archive worlds:

• Putting up archived maps is a time filler, we could use it for weekend chaos events or even create events such as nostalgia events where we'd just put up museum maps for people to explore.
  • Old events should be put up for download just like past revisions.

Player Ran Events:

• Create template for players to go by to pitch an idea, e.g. Event title: Event: Time for the event: Rules: Suggested plugins:
  • Once we receive a completed template allow the tech admins to look at it to see if it's possible.
  • Put event onto an event calendar and tell the player the dates for their event
  • Ensure staff are online at that time to run the event.

Planning Worlds:

• Allow plot worlds for players to come up with build designs, secret events could be produced in single player and schematics could be sent in.
  • Lobby system inside the world with teleporter signs going to different areas of E, for example plot world or current events.
  • We should have mini games going on constantly e.g. spleef or pvp arenas or some redstone games just for people to do when bored or out of ideas.
  • When large scale events come up I'd say multi worlds should close to open up for the main event, this would be used for things such as CTF.

Archive worlds:

• Putting up archived maps is a time filler, we could use it for weekend chaos events or even create events such as nostalgia events where we'd just put up museum maps for people to explore.
  • Old events should be put up for download just like past revisions.

PRE: Good ideas.

PW: The main server spawn will include all the navigation for the server

AW: The old worlds wouldn't be events, they would just be past revisions for people to explore and look at builds for.

Guest Former Staff

I've been reading through both this topic and the community feedback topic here. To be completely blunt, I want to see the event server used. We've had it available for years and use it for only a fraction of time.

Player-run events sound good, we need to have something in place that pretty much lets these events be automated and allow for one person to be running the event so that we avoid several people trying to host the same event at the same time.

There are calls for games to be added which sound like fun. From puzzle maps to spleef / parkour, hunger-games and a suggestion for zombie related games.

I want E to become a “4th server” that is always up and open to players for using.

This is a good step forward, however where the other servers have lengthy periods of times between revisions, the event server would most likely need to be changing on a weekly basis to keep drawing people in. My suggestion here would be to plan out a good few weeks ahead for what you want to be added so that our tech admins can assist where needed, with advanced notice.