Mumble Fireside Chats

SwitchViewz

Hey their everyone, I am happy to announce Mumble Fireside Chats! Mumble Fireside Chats are similar to FDR's Fireside Chats in that every week or so an admin or group of admins will set up a channel in mumble where you can come and talk to them about anything you want. You can discuss policy, rules, game expansion, the weather outside, or anything else. We hope this will greatly help the communication between staff and the player base and will allow you guys to bring up your concerns with staff in person.

Each chat may include the same admins as the last one or different admins. Our goal is work towards getting admins from each group to attend for you to express your concerns.

The first Fireside Chat will take place on July 10th at 11AM - 1PM EDT. Current admins attending will be Barlimore and Mrloud15, others may join later in the meeting.

We look forward to hearing your guys concerns and ideas, and hope this helps improve staff transparency!

• Upvote 7

Guest Former Staff

I'll be trying to juggle the listening / chatting with taking notes. My memory isn't too great and I'd like to follow up on topics afterwards if they can't be resolved there and then, for the more serious ones anyway. Don't feel you have to sit through 2 hours of this with Mrloud and myself, drop in and out as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late posting everyone I was unusually busy this past weekend. The next fireside chat will be this friday.

Friday July 24th at 8PM EDT / 5PM PST.

Potential staff attending but not confirmed: SwitchViewz, c45y, Silversunset01, JudgeDread, Barlimore

We will also be introducing a minor ruleset for the fireside chats in addition to universal rules. Those are:

- No trolling or purposeful derailing of topics
- No constantly harassing of staff for a reply
- Be polite and respectful to other members and staff

Guest Former Staff

There was no plan for a fireside chat this week, so I'm going to hijack it for a normal timezone. Feel free to join me for about an hour at 14:00 BST on Friday. I'll add a calendar event on the forum too for visibility.

Guest Former Staff

There were no notes from this week's fireside chat. A couple of us just talked about games primarily as there were very few of us. The time of the chat didn't lend itself well to people joining but since there wasn't a fireside chat planned anyway, we didn't lose out.

• 1 month later...