Openness at mcpublic

brianherman

I'm going to quote back what I said in mumble to Tornado earlier. This is a COMMUNITY, without players a community isn't a community. So the opinions of the players should be valued the most. Obviously that thread did have the dramatastic downside to it, but there was some real mature, and productive conversations going on. I believe those who were being mature about it had some very valid points on possible improvements for nerd.nu. So I don't think this thread is doing much harm, it's a way of highlighting those productive conversations, as long as everyone is sensible in this thread then maybe some issues can be discussed in a civilized manner.

(Writing this while very tired, I'm hoping it makes sense)

-Char :)

• Upvote 2

As tolgar just confirmed that they will ignore everything and they probably will I would just like to point out that tolgar is administration and administration always backs itself.

If you really believe that than you are an idiot, administration is reviewed even more because we represent the server and though that the community. If i make a mistake (which i do alot sometimes) i know that one of our admins always tells me what i did wrong and that i cant do it that way, even if i wanted too and the admin thinks its a good idea, also our every move is watched and judged by the users.

Which means if we have only a little screw up at least 3 users will flame the hell out of it and demand that we are demodded, and one of them is barneygale who even created subreddit just to flame against the mods and admins. (which also shows that he clearly isnt over it)

And now to the openess part.

I will speak open now.

You really want to have the logs back ?

After all the drama it caused ?

Great idea... we were happy that that part was eliminated as a drama starter.

You want the players to vote the headadmins again ?

Fucking great idea, that way we get the users with the most friends ending up as a headadmin instead of the users that are actually good for the server.

The same thing goes for the mods if the users would have decided we would end up with alot of mods that everyone likes but they cant do their job because they are either not suitable for the position or they leave the server because their friends left. Also if players or mods arent happy with the next headadmin they can always speak up.

Theyr oppinion will be heard.

You want more power for mods ?

I am a mod and i can tell you i dont need much power to do my job

All i need in the forum is the abbility to hide posts which are offtopic racist etc

and to give out warning points

Thats all.

Why should i as a simple mod be able to ban users ? Thats admin work

Also i really dont like to be threatened, so if you want to delete your account because someone deleted your post, just fucking do it, but first think about why it was removed instead of saying you were treated unfairly.

I heard that thread far too often and honestly i am sick of hearing it because most of the users that said it came back after less than a month. 

Was that open enough ?

• Upvote 3

As tolgar just confirmed that they will ignore everything and they probably will I would just like to point out that tolgar is administration and administration always backs itself.

If you really believe that than you are an idiot

Let's leave out the hostilities are focus on what direction we want nerd to be heading in. Constructive comments only.

• Upvote 3

Let's leave out the hostilities are focus on what direction we want nerd to be heading in. Constructive comments only.

Fair enough, just let me put my two cents in.

A gaming community needs to put the player, both any and all, the the same standard as a head admin, because without players you have empty servers, and empty servers are hard to keep running and thus burn big giant bloody holes in people wallets. So how do we do this you ask? Well by voting.

Blah blah blah biases blah blah blah.

Lets say player group A really fucking likes "Unce" (example) sooo they vote Unce into power, eventually he fucks up hard, like abuse hard, like chests full of diamonds and gold apples. what happens? they get kicked out the player group learns and that player stays a player.

This does not mean that unce can no longer vote, suggest things, be taken seriously ect. this means that unce fucked up his chance. and nothing else. Literary nothing.

if he fucks up really bad. Like giving 6 of unce's friends 3 chests of golden apples. they unce gets punished delt with properly, head admins investigate. and they (who where voted in to rep the community) decide pubilcy what will happen.

a month or two passes, and another vote is brought up ect.

No head admin should EVER have any say in mods. Mods ARE upgraded players, they are NOT better than the player, but only have more responsibilitys. thus having WAY harsher punishments. so the players should vote who to nominate, who gets in and who gets out.

If a player (mod, admin, ect.) shows that she/he goes out of the required brackets or overly preforms on existing responsibilities (Thrawn in the P map, once again she has done great things for the player base. remember the staff meeting?) then the player base (if its not fully autistic) will go "HEY! You are doing sooo much more that what you should with your exsisting power. lets try to give you more because you deserve it" Again. NOT making her special, an even MORE upgraded player, has a little more power, and is VERY trusted among the community.

Another shining player that stood out to me was Totomo, a mod that expressed great intrest into helping nerd further by catching more people and writeing GREAT plugins for the nerd server (as well as releaseing some for others to use, Thanks!) so he was given the power of TECH SUPPORT! (**fireworks** **fireworks**) this allowed him to be able to test things in real time and over all help in a greater way then before! and look what we got! Plugins galore, more modaration ect. This is a shining example of how the system should work.

But sadly (at least from my experinces with various servers/gaming communitys.... and a lot of nerd higher ups) i dont think we will survive the transistion, let alone be even willing to accept it.

thats my novel, and my thoughts.

Not trying to start drama, but thats another topic.

/rant 

• Upvote 1