[PMC] Lost Book Game

LadyRavenOwl

Here is the initial list of books:

[redacted]

Feel free to suggest new book titles or what some of the synopses should be.

Game Summary:

• 10 books in 10 separate chests hidden across the map (Draykhar, MrLoud15, and I have the list of coords kept on where each chest is on the map, this way moderators can play too)

• Each book title corresponds with a set list of prizes done by admins

• Books are returned at the library on Blue Road into the designated chests and given their prize by an admin

• Trap chests are also in place and players are also allowed to set up trap chests as well

• When all the books are returned, game is reset

• For the harder to locate books, hints may be posted as to the where the chests are located

World War Z: A History of the Zombie War, by Max Brooks, outlines the story of a brave fungus forced to take refuge in a technologically capable species of ape in order to survive, while being pursued by an particularly handsome former UN worker who was once a figment of Edward Norton's imagination. 

This could include 10 stacks of zombie flesh, along with what zombies normally drop, so potatoes, iron ingots, and iron weapons. 

The Art of War - "unce unce unce unce unce"  :wink:

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - "No shit, Sherlock."

The Lies of Locke Lamora - "Smarter and cleverer than everyone else."

Fahrenheit 451 - "There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing."

Suggestions:

The Eye of the World (book one of The Wheel of Time)

The Name of the Wind

Malazan (I forget the name of the first book)

The Way of Kings

The Dresden Files

• Upvote 1

Hi. Newly re-modded former S rev. 19 librarian/book-publisher/mini-game-enthusiast here. Are the contents of the books just a brief summary, like a sentence or two, of the actual story/book? Or are they like, a chapter out of the story?

Would be cool if each round was a different book, and each book was part of the story. So, not until they are all found, do you know the whole story.

Hi. Newly re-modded former S rev. 19 librarian/book-publisher/mini-game-enthusiast here. Are the contents of the books just a brief summary, like a sentence or two, of the actual story/book? Or are they like, a chapter out of the story?

I think we're working off of the 'a brief summary' really, with some of the summaries going on a more satirical approach.

However, for some I'd do either a quote that encapsulates the book, or memorable section from it (ie Shylocks Soliloquy from the Merchant of Venice)

I'm doing the whole first  page of The Name of The Wind.

We'll be going live with this in the morning. First ten books are fully ready to go with more to roll out as those are found. As the plan is currently, books will be returned to the Library Return Centre 170 blocks down blue road, where they will turn it in to one of our 'librarians' and be given the corresponding prizes.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Tarzan
Black Stallion
World War Z
Bridge to Terabithia
The Art of War
Name of the Wind
Dantes Inferno
The Merchant of Venice
TRAPPED (not an actual book, used for the trap chest)