Killstreaks

TornadoHorse

We discussed killstreaks during the meeting, but didn't come to any solid conclusion on them.

• Currently killstreaks are at only 5 and 10. Do you think there should be more killstreaks? (e.g. 10, 20, 50, 100)
  • Should additional levels give potions perks as they do now, or should they just be announcements in chat?
  • What types of kills should killstreaks merit? (e.g. Only armoured kills, all kills)

Any suggestions are welcome, don't feel you have to be limited to the questions above, either.

• Upvote 2

I like the potion perks, I think 5 and 10 should stay the same, I'd like to see perks for 25, 50 and 100. 25 could be health regen, 50 could be something like fire resistance not sure on that and 100 could be a strength buff, I think they should add on the effects of the perks before hand so if you got to 50 you'd have the perks of 5,10,25 and 50 thoughts?

EDIT:Forgot to add in I think it should be armour kills only but by that I think it should count if they have any armour on at all otherwise getting the higher streaks would be very difficult.

First off, I think the killstreaks are a GOOD idea just need a little help with implementation.

Things to change or not change (IMO):

Any kills, armored or not, should count towards the killstreak. The reasoning behind that is because MANY people on the server grab an enchanted sword (easy to get due to enchantism) and no armor and can do serious damage so killing them should be rewarded. Also, if you are smart about the routes you take to places and where/ how you build, you can get around unarmored and undisturbed most of the time.

Instead of speed at the 10 killstreak ( I think the 5 KS should be removed) fire resistance would be a better idea as it would not cut off the duration of anything since it would be 8 minutes. Fire resistance would be extremely useful as well as not over powered as it does not inherently give a PvP advantage as fire resistance potions are fairly easily attainable AND it would give a potential for different play styles. Also at a 25 killstreak the full 1:30 duration of speed II should be given so as 1. to avoid cutting down a duration unintentionally and 2. because usually killstreaks are attained over time and it would not be bad if a player got his tenth kill and then could just move around a bit faster (even if the killstreak was attained in a rampage or burst of kills the speed would allow the fighter to continue the onslaught, bringing glory, and attention to himself so as other PvPers would inquire about his/her location) 

Further killstreaks should be enabled but I think maybe they could be aesthetic? Perhaps at 50 the player's head lights on fire and at 100 the player is now in a zone where when he/she dies the weapon that kills them is renamed like "showstopper" or something along those lines with multiple options such as "power switch" "pulled the plug" with a random chance of them (maybe in colored text) 

• Upvote 1

We discussed killstreaks during the meeting, but didn't come to any solid conclusion on them.

• Currently killstreaks are at only 5 and 10. Do you think there should be more killstreaks? (e.g. 10, 20, 50, 100)

Yes! Once a player gets a killstreak going the message in chat should display a custom message for every 10 kills. I think at one point S had a plugin that did something similar.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to echo an idea that was brought up in the meeting. Unarmored kills should not contribute to killstreaks as they seem to encourage people to randoml kill players who are unarmed and can not defend themselvesto get the boost. This would be exacerbated by changing the buffs to offer more than speed. However, if it is possible, have a self-defense "clause" where if you are struck first and combat tag is active then you killing the person who struck you still counts towards the killstreak.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel that killstreaks offer an unfair advantage to PVPers; those of us who do not want to take the time to learn the techniques, make trips to the grinder, make all the right potions, etc., cannot even run from those who do, because now those people are getting speed boosts and other advantages.  I would be okay with having to run through the city to avoid being killed, if I did not want to fight; but with killstreaks, I have to pearl, because I focus on the Survival and not the [PVP].

• Upvote 1