Disappearence

SirTacoface

Again another update at around 3:21 PM EST rollback happened but this time it was more drastic than I have ever seen it, I dont remember how much but friends and I were building a horsetrack thing and we had a whole lot of redstone under it all and then everything went away, this was at x -14.14 z 2275 if that helps.

Again another update at around 3:21 PM EST rollback happened but this time it was more drastic than I have ever seen it, I dont remember how much but friends and I were building a horsetrack thing and we had a whole lot of redstone under it all and then everything went away, this was at x -14.14 z 2275 if that helps.

Looks like this rollback was about 15 minutes. I've submitted a modreq for you (slide) on Creative at the location.

Another rollback just occurred at 9:02 PM EST (18:02 server time). Interestingly enough, though, the rollback appears to be chunk-based, as opposed to time-based. You can see here that the more recent edits were retained, while edits a few seconds older were kept, disproving the idea that the rollbacks are exclusively time-based. Additionally, the difference between what was and wasn't rolled back occurs exactly at the chunk border, pictured in the screenshot. Further information from jchance supports that only certain chunks are being rolled back.

Based on this, my theory is that only loaded chunks are being rolled back. That is, chunks are saved normally when they are unloaded, but restarts aren't always properly saving loaded chunks. I was located to the west of the chunk border at which that screenshot was taken when the restart occurred, so it is likely that the chunk to the left that was rolled back was loaded, while the chunk to the right which was preserved was unloaded at the time of the restart. Speaking with jchance about his rollback further confirms the plausibility of this situation.

This problem has become rather annoying over the past few days, so I hope this information can contribute to its resolution.

I'll be trying to run more tests during restarts to figure out more specifics about these strange rollbacks.

I'm also seriously wondering if this is a map expansion issue? I just asked around the server earlier because I was watching Heysofia build and after the restart, she didn't lose anything. But, Gaberios17 lost like 10 blocks of work and he was farthest away on the map (dont know the coords sorry) and Derpherpington1 lost only like 3 blocks and he was a little bit closer to spawn than gabe, and Sofia didn't lose anything and she was the closest to spawn. Do you think the farther out you are in the map, the more blocks to lose? I don't really know if that could be possible or just a coincidence but damn, that was strange.

Modreq #246 on s.nerd.nu might have been a rollback, there were steps missing that went all the way down to the ground that were there before, hard to tell if it was grief or a rollback, but it is really high up in the air making the possibilities of a grief slimmer

Note: Also the servers has been having issues hanging on restarts, just to let anyone who hasn't heard know

Edited by coolgamerovr90

Something new has struck up, I haven't seen before. It is related to the rollbacks and the weird major block lag. We would all be playing then blocks wouldnt place and then the whole server would time out, but, we would all time out sepearately, like I would time out, then 2 seconds later my friend, 2 seconds later another person, and then we would all join back in and 2 or 3 blocks arent there. It's strange...

Something new has struck up, I haven't seen before. It is related to the rollbacks and the weird major block lag. We would all be playing then blocks wouldnt place and then the whole server would time out, but, we would all time out sepearately, like I would time out, then 2 seconds later my friend, 2 seconds later another person, and then we would all join back in and 2 or 3 blocks arent there. It's strange...

That'd likely be a huge lag spike, where the people nearest to the servers are affected sooner than those further away. The thing with the blocks disappearing is probably the issue we've had all along, though. 

That'd likely be a huge lag spike, where the people nearest to the servers are affected sooner than those further away. The thing with the blocks disappearing is probably the issue we've had all along, though. 

Maybe, it's hard to tell. I know Gsand believes one of the custom plugins may have something to do with it

• 3 months later...