Expanding the NerdNu community

Deaygo

Terraria or Garry's Mod

A rotating Gmod server might be cool, switching from Sandbox for most of the day, to DarkRP, and even to TTT when people want to play.

Yeah, you could even set it up so an admin could remotely switch the game mode whenever someone else wants to play something different Edited by Deaygo
Fixing quote
  • Upvote 1

• TeamFortress2

Counterstrike (and sequels)

Garrys Mod (not sure which modes, I suggest far too many to pick right now)

Terraria

League of Legends

Dota 2

Rust

Simcity (2013)

Flight Simulator

Farming Simulator

Civilization 5

Need for Speed (World, or others that support online multiplayer)

Super Smash Bros 4

Mario Kart 8

Forza ( which ever one is preferred by everyone else)

GTA 5

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

• Upvote 1

Alright, so I want to sum up things a bit.  Some of these games are a good idea to try to get people together and play, but aren't really feasible to run a server of.  But here is the list of things that I think would be feasible to get a server running for.

• TF2
  • Garry's Mod (TTT, Prop Hunt, DarkRP, plain build server, etc)
  • Just Cause 2 (Could do some fun mods for this, it is all via lua scripting)
  • Starbound
  • Rust (Currently an experimental server only for linux)
  • Counter Strike (GO, Source, otherwise)
  • GTA V (Not really a running server thing, but we can have a crew. I have gone ahead and setup a crew for GTA V).  If you have suggestions for the level titles we will set something up as a suggestion for that.
  • Terraria - While there is a modable server for Terraria, it might not be feasible to run terraria with a lot of things being client side.  I will look into this more to see what options there are.

I will create a poll in a bit to get some actual numbers in a bit.

• Upvote 6

Alright, so I want to sum up things a bit.  Some of these games are a good idea to try to get people together and play, but aren't really feasible to run a server of.  But here is the list of things that I think would be feasible to get a server running for.

• TF2
  • Garry's Mod (TTT, Prop Hunt, DarkRP, plain build server, etc)
  • Just Cause 2 (Could do some fun mods for this, it is all via lua scripting)
  • Starbound
  • Rust (Currently an experimental server only for linux)
  • Counter Strike (GO, Source, otherwise)
  • GTA V (Not really a running server thing, but we can have a crew. I have gone ahead and setup a crew for GTA V).  If you have suggestions for the level titles we will set something up as a suggestion for that.
  • Terraria - While there is a modable server for Terraria, it might not be feasible to run terraria with a lot of things being client side.  I will look into this more to see what options there are.

I will create a poll in a bit to get some actual numbers in a bit.

Thanks Deaygo!