[PMC] Subreddit Flairs and Awards

SwitchViewz

Hey everyone, I have recently been hosting the Friday Night Gaming Events and I plan to start doing a few Events for Minecraft as well. While coming up with event ideas I've debated doing a variety of things such as a tournament, staff vs players match, and more. While thinking about these I thought what if we could award players for winning in some way? Such as our Civ 5 Match, the winner defeated all of us and is perhaps rewarded something?

In the past I noticed we used Subreddit Flair for people that won contests on Minecraft. What if we brought that back and maybe even expanded it a bit? With the events I'm doing for MC and other games, perhaps we could start awarding flair again to players? Another thought is adding an Award box to players profiles here on the forums. When I ran IPB Boards in the past we used an award system to give players awards for various things, such as winning an event. Perhaps we could add such a thing?

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for some ideas. With my current FNG/SNG Games I was thinking of some awards/flair I could give out as well as some for some Minecraft awards. I don't have time to compile images for them at the moment but here are some titles I thought of:

Minecraft:

• (Month/Year Here) C Speed Build Champion
  • (Name Here) Event Maze Winner
  • CTF Most Kills (Year Here)

Other Games:

• Civ 5 Brawl 1 Winner
  • TF2 MvM Participant
  • CS:GO Tournament 1 Winner
  • TF2 Staff VS. Players Participant
  • Planetary Annihilation Brawl 1 Winner
  • Jailbreak Most Escapes Tournament

Any thoughts/feedback are welcome!

Note: Some of the listed awards are things that I haven't done yet but plan on doing in the near future.

• 1 month later...