/mail sent ..

robr

i'm old, and my memory fails me sometimes.. what was i talking about? oh yeah, it would be nice if we could see a list of mails we've sent in game, even if it had a time limit (i.e. only keep the last month's worth if not deleted)

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, I've copied and modified the commands to read the inbox/mail for use in reading sent items, and put those changes into this pull request: https://github.com/NerdNu/nerdCH/pull/30

Just have to wait for techadmins to approve/merge it, and load it up on the servers.

The biggest limitation of this change is that if players delete mail they've received, then it will not be visible in the sender's list of sent items. Additionally if a player sends a lot of mail and the recipients don't always delete it, then the /mail sent list may become very full.

I'd *like* to make it so that the lists are handled somewhat independent of one another, but that'd mean slightly more modifications. It's doable, but I figured I'd go ahead and put this out there since it's better than nothing IMO.

• Upvote 1

the other day Challenger merged my pull request so /mail sent, and /mail readsent are now live on both the creative and PvE servers.

I do intend on working on improving it so that the sent messages are removed from the list only when the sender chooses to do so. At the very least this should let the sender see mail they've recently sent before the recipient deletes it from their inbox.

also, wow, some people haven't deleted their mail for several revs :D

Uh... yeah... I wish there was a /mail clearall or something... Or if there is, I'm not aware of it.