The Spawn Building
· I think spawn was nice, interesting to explore although as Troop brought up earlier, the museum was heavily slanted towards the last couple revs. In the future if such a plan is in place it would be nice to predetermine size and open up the submissions to a wider audience.
· I am still a large fan of the forced rule path to get out of initial spawn. This used to be consistent, is still something I’ve seen on other servers as well. Yes, people may not always read them, but we shouldn’t be hiding it from those that do. If someone has to run around a couple corners to ignore the rule so be it, we never had a problem with people getting out before. Hide a warp sign among the text if those extra 10 seconds are really that irritating for people who have come back after initial spawn. At least then we’d know they read that far.
· It was great having a rail station again, however it felt hidden below spawn and the approaches down below seemed a bit unintuitive and as a result the incoming lines are a bit messy as things coming in from various directions couldn’t easily get to the various lines without curving around or over various existing lines. N/W/S/E needs to be a bit more defined in approach, possibly with some pre-stated assumptions of right away to prevent someone from building something else in the natural rail paths.
The Overworld Map
· Map size still felt a bit large, I think we could stand to go down to something similar to rev12 (4k*4k), possibly with some sort of mid rev expansion
· Haven’t really played much with 1.13 to comment, probably fine for overworld though.
· How do you feel about the current overworld map size? Too small, too large, just right?
· Diamond seemed a bit light, but as we mostly exploit fairly trade with villagers this was more of an issue for other diamond uses..
The Nether Map
· The vanilla nether really is boring, I think we should stick to custom as much as we can.
· There really needs to be an inherent / auto-claim buffer around portals on the nether side so the towns can develop them without having to deal with establishing claims and other users that have decided to put holes in the area and such.
· Quartz seemed harder to find – more akin to the type of generation we’d see of it in the overworld than typical nether distributions..
· A more defined netherspawn, possibly a dark mirror of overworld, but protected with any custom baddies captured for reference like we have now.
· Honestly, I’ve just avoided the end largely this rev. I hate that with the introduction of dragon respawning an entire dimension that used to house builds has been reduced to the same, round Live, Die, Repeat arena and the outer islands largely get ignored since the portals either don’t have anything built up to them or spawn outside the map boundaries and are useless.
· I’m onboard with the dragon fight being harder, but at the same time it needs to be balanced so that it’s not too laggy on users with crappy computers, and that people can’t just log off en masse and have moblimiter do all the work for them. If we could have some sort of mob progression as the dragon takes damage, ala most MMO’s, that might be better.. whether custom mobs or just increasingly difficult vanilla mobs (say some withers or something)
· I haven’t played with mapworld other than to look in awe at some of the creations, but I think it’s great we’re bringing back old ones as well. Honestly I think the WE perms should at a minimum mimic whatever we have on the creative server, particularly since the world has a specific stated function. If anything it’d be great if we had some sort of method to import schematics.
· I like the staggered release, but feel that it needs to be over a shorter amount of time and any initial portals not discovered in the first week should immediately start having clues put out.
· It might be fun to spread the hunt out between the overworld and the nether however (predetermine the locations, but don’t necessarily have all the markers in the overworld – have a few in the nether that could be discovered and then noted you have to put the overworld within X radius of whatever the predetermined point was)
Iron Golem Spawners
· I don’t mind the tiered system, but think that you should be able to upgrade a single spawner in lieu of having to have 4 and then do them all at the same time. Maybe I misunderstood how that works, but there’s something to be said for areas that may just want a smaller grinder..
· I think on a multiplayer server, particularly one with modified mob mechanics for lag prevention like we do, it’s a necessity.
· Squid, Slime, Witch, Shulker. I think Creeper is too overpowered, plus there never seems to be shortage of creepers on the map and with a Witch it can be redundant. I might suggest putting the Shulker spawners in the end to encourage development of the end islands.
· I don’t see the need for custom spawners in the nether – dangerous things spawn enough there.. the only possible exception I might consider would be for ghasts, but they don’t seem to be enough in demand that it couldn’t be better addressed with a custom trade for tears instead.
Custom Drops from Ore (Fossils and Rares)
· I haven’t actually traded any of these in yet, but I think it’s been a neat addition to otherwise boring mining activities.
· I think they’re a hoot. Wish we could see them on our end. Keep ‘em.
· The only way a “vanilla” elytra distribution would work is if we didn’t have any world border on the End or regenerated it every night on a different seed. Neither of these seem particularly realistic for a server of our size
· I still don’t disagree with a small delay before availability, possibly shorter than the 6 weeks we did this time – maybe pin it to the community mapping effort so when we get the live map, we get elytra.
· I don’t think it should be farmable. It’s meant to be an end game item, a harder end dragon helps with this, but whatever changes we make need to not be like it was before when you could spawn a thousand dragons one after another to just generate more.
· Strictly from a road/rail support aspect, I think it should be made clear by the admins ahead of time that if you’re building along the cardinals you are expected to incorporate the roads the community are working on out the directions from spawn or not force a major reroute or block.
Possible future event: “give robr WE day” .. a day where things can happen like I can quickly finish my projects and maybe help other people with theirs too (maybe, //replace air lava might also occur)… just a suggestion..