Enchantism - Vanilla Level Enchants

TornadoHorse

What should the max. enchantment level be for...  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Punch

• II
    • IV
  2. 2. Unbreaking

• III
    • IV
  3. 3. Fire Aspect

• II
    • IV
  4. 4. Knockback

• II
    • IV
  5. 5. Fortune

• III
    • IV
  6. 6. Looting

• III
    • IV
  7. 7. Thorns

• II
    • IV

Linked this as per the subreddit thread I just made for rounding up some final changes in preparation for the new revision - I would like to go ahead with this redesigned config for the start of the new revision. The plan for this is to disable all of these additional, non-vanilla enchantments from the start and enable the ones desired once this poll has received much greater input. The idea being that if we enabled these enchants from the get-go and later removed them, some of these would already exist in-game for those lucky enough to have had the opportunity to obtain them. I would like to avoid such a scenario, hence why i've made the decision to hold off implementing them until we've finalised decisions. I've also gone ahead and included the requirement for bookcases, as recently added by smiler100 (the plugin's creator), to even out the easy by which Enchantism provides you with good gear. I would like to hear any feedback on this idea that people might have, as it was a last minute decision made so that we wouldn't need to drag out decision making right up to the time of the launch of the new revision. We can easily remove the bookcase requirement at a later stage if people are not interested in seeing it.

That said, and to move along discussion, what sort of level requirements would people be interested in seeing for these otherwise unobtainable enchantments? Whilst a single level up from usual is not game-breaking, it does make a difference to what is an otherwise vanilla playing field (in terms of enchantments offered, that is).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a very interesting trend in how people are voting.

People want combat-oriented enchantments (Knockback, Fire Aspect, Punch) set to vanilla levels, which seems pretty reasonable. These same seem are largely okay with convenience-related enchantments (Fortune, Looting, Unbreaking) set to otherwise unattainable levels.

I completely agree with this trend. Some of these (Punch IV) would honestly break combat. The convenience enchantments really don't seem like they would be a problem, though.

Edited by Bosnian_Haris
  • Upvote 1

I care little for the non-vanilla crap, to get a U3 E4 ST/F3 pick 90 levels is a little much -.- I'd rather take my chances doing 3 level 30 enchants and maybe walking away with 3 picks E5 U3 and maybe getting a F3/ST on one or two........

I usually hold off on complaining about things, but in my opinion, it is a little bit too much, I would have to spend way more time grinding than usual, and don't get me wrong, I do have a lot of patience when it comes to things like this, and after that, I would have to risk getting killed in the middle of it, loosing all my levels (which seems to happen to me a lot). When it comes to things like this, I would rather have vanilla enchantments. It would be as tedious as grinding for awhile and immediately enchanting. I have also heard that the levels for enchanting bows have increased, i'm not sure what is going on there, but i'm just going to disregard that and see for myself once Enchantism gets reenabled

I am not trying to make it harder on staff members in any way in this post, I really like Enchantism and hope it stays. I am just stating my own opinion about the required enchanting levels for some items

Edited by coolgamerovr90