Rubberbanding when managing inventory

Richi

Good evening!

Let me first put this post into where it is not very usual to me and I just wanted to point it out if there is any way to fix this issue. :)

I wanted to first of all give a scenario about something fairly odd happened today to me. I am not going to point out any player name and going to keep the players online / players involved anonymous.

So I was just walking around the roads with a stone sword when a player kills me with full diamond armor. Now at this point I thought it wasn't a big deal until when I am organizing my chests (Or doing some kind of other activity) when he comes and kills me again. Now at this point I am glad to get armed equally with him and fight him. So I grab prot 4 diamond armor in my enderchest, but somehow the armor rubberbands back to the enderchest. I shift + click the armor and it keeps on rubberbanding back to my enderchest until finally it's all in my inventory. Now I am trying to throw out useless items (f.i. string) and I press 'e' and throw it out of my inventory because I would do that rather than keep on pressing 'q' because it takes much more time to do so. Then it rubberbands again. I think now I have my armor on and sword and start charging towards him, he hits me once, and my hearts drop down all the way to 4. I quickly pressed 'e' and see what's going wrong and noticed that I was ONLY wearing my boots. So then he just kills me and I thought I only was wearing my boots and checked my ender chest and saw that all my diamond armor was gone.

My point is that I wanted to put out that lag is really bugging some people with horrible ping and also wanted to ask tech-admins or so if there is any way to either completely stop this, or aid it a bit so it can be a bit better. Many people has been complaining about this and it hasn't been fixed much. I hope there might be a solution to this. ^.^

Thanks! :)

Edited by Richi

I don't think it's just people with bad connection/low ping to the server. I've been having this issue too, as well as many others. And yeah, it's definitely irritating as fuck constantly having your stuff rubberband back into chests, having armour unequip because you shift clicked it on, opening and closing chests several times over just to see what's in it and what's still in my inventory. 

I remember another played pinged a tech about it a few days ago, and for a while he turned off 'item checks' (lol what ever the fuck that is????) and it was magical. Everything worked fine, we could all actually shift click stuff again without wanting to attempt suicide in the progress. Apparently that meant people would also be able to use inv tweaks tho, so it was turned back on????? I don't actually know. 

Could we get a tech or staff member to update us on this? Is this purely a lag issue, or is there something tech-y hampering us here?

I have a feeling it is caused by No Cheat Plus, There have been some undiscussed changes to NCP on S only that most people haven't really been aware about at all, as seen here https://github.com/NerdNu/NerdBugs/issues/145 These changes seem to affect players inventories and inventory management/modification. totemo said that he will be changing the plugin's configuration back to an old backed up copy, so that might fix it. What Four_Down said might have something to do with it, too. As mentioned, I haven't had this issue on any other minecraft server, including C and P. So this must just be a Survival specific issue

Edited by coolgamerovr90