End Of World Teleports

Difficult1

I'm speaking as a player, not as staff, but IIRC world border will teleport you back 4 blocks from where you go out,

i.e. if there is a border at x=2000 and you cross it at x=2001, y=64, z=0, it will teleport you back to x=1997, y=64, z=0. however if that would place you inside blocks it will teleport you up or down the x=1997, z=0 column to an open are so you won't suffocate.  However if the entire column is full of blocks all the way from bedrock to the build limit (y=255) then it will teleport you to spawn/0,0.

Thats what i remember from screwing with it like 4-5 revs ago. It may have changed.

I'm speaking as a player, not as staff, but IIRC world border will teleport you back 4 blocks from where you go out,

i.e. if there is a border at x=2000 and you cross it at x=2001, y=64, z=0, it will teleport you back to x=1997, y=64, z=0. however if that would place you inside blocks it will teleport you up or down the x=1997, z=0 column to an open are so you won't suffocate.  However if the entire column is full of blocks all the way from bedrock to the build limit (y=255) then it will teleport you to spawn/0,0.

Thats what i remember from screwing with it like 4-5 revs ago. It may have changed.

Well i recall people having issues with it in the past and it apperently being fixed. Last week it took me from y11 to y64

Tested on private server and it also did teleport me about 100 blocks up when I purposefully blocked off any routes it could take me. I cannot find anything in the config.txt so I'm thinking its actually the code that does this. Could be changed by anyone a tad smarter than myself (any techs) but that remains to be answered.

This is the default behavior of the worldborder plugin.  It tries to move you back a configurable number of blocks, and if there is no free space, it looks for a safe spot to put you up the Y-level.  If that fails, it teleports you to spawn.

This seems like reasonable behavior to me.  What would you prefer it did, if it can't find a safe space to place you backwards?

This is the default behavior of the worldborder plugin.  It tries to move you back a configurable number of blocks, and if there is no free space, it looks for a safe spot to put you up the Y-level.  If that fails, it teleports you to spawn.

This seems like reasonable behavior to me.  What would you prefer it did, if it can't find a safe space to place you backwards?

This is really the only safe and reliable way I can imagine it working. Otherwise there'd be a lot more complaints of being pushed into walls and dying...

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it would be less confusing if it searched in a certain spherical radius around the player for the nearest available location, but I can definitely understand why it works the way it does if that's simpler and functional method, and really affects players on a very rare number of occasions anyway.

Seems like it would be less confusing if it searched in a certain spherical radius around the player for the nearest available location, but I can definitely understand why it works the way it does if that's simpler and functional method, and really affects players on a very rare number of occasions anyway.

Teleporting them in a straight line backwards leaves less room for abuse too.  On survival, for example, I could see someone using the world teleport to glitch into someone's base.  (They already do, actually, but as a base designer, you can take that into accoint if there's only one place they could end up, rather than a sphere of probable locations)