A build of NerdBukkit+Plugins+Configuration for looking at old C revs

GMMan

I spent the entire day today, finally making a good build of NerdBukkit and all plugins (exact versions) as running on the C server. It's been configured similarly to what you'd expect on the real C server. I would have liked an identical configuration, but of course they aren't available, so I approximated. Please point out which of my configurations are incorrect if you know something I don't.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29365870/nerdbukkit-1.6.2_build_080313.zip

How to use
Unzip the file linked. Then unzip the rev you want to play as a folder named "world". The folder must be named "world" if you want the default configs to work right. Then open up a command prompt in the folder with the CraftBukkit JAR and type

java -jar craftbukkit-1.6.2-R1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

to launch. Then join the server in your client (localhost).

Making yourself a moderator
In the server console, type the following:

w world
u <username_here>
u setgroup moderators

Then relog.

Make the world read-only
Type into the console the following:

lolno blocks

This will disable block creation/destruction, so you don't accidentally break stuff. It will be in effect until you run the command again. But you've got LogBlock, so what are you worried about?

What doesn't work

• Default CraftBukkit commands have been disabled. That means no /version, /pl, /ban/kick/unban, etc. I was too lazy to disable individual commands, and the main permission node for CraftBukkit commands don't seem to work as expected.
  • No banning features, since MCBouncer requires an API key (so is disabled), and the default CraftBukkit commands don't work. FishChecker does work, though.
  • LogBlock works, but you have to set up your own SQL server first. Check configs for username, password, and database name.
  • Clay and wool kits are present, but malfunctioning, along with various CommandHelper commands being missing, since they aren't in the NerdCH repository.
  • You can't log in properly as an admin. That is a feature. Which also means you will need to set options for NerdSpawn manually. The current one is set for rev. 24.

So yeah, you could say it's a bit overkill, but I enjoy having the same environment to work locally as on the server.

Version History
October 3, 2013: Various fixes

• Vanish works
  • Stick is bound
  • Rulebook placeholder text added and exported
  • LogBlock custom events enabled
  • Fixed some WorldGuard blacklist ignore-group problems
  • Clanchat and EasySigns added

October 2, 2013: Initial release

Edited by GMMan
  • Upvote 4

I spent the entire day today, finally making a good build of NerdBukkit and all plugins (exact versions) as running on the C server. It's been configured similarly to what you'd expect on the real C server. I would have liked an identical configuration, but of course they aren't available, so I approximated. Please point out which of my configurations are incorrect if you know something I don't.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29365870/nerdbukkit-1.6.2_build.zip

How to use

Unzip the file linked. Then unzip the rev you want to play as a folder named "world". The folder must be named "world" if you want the default configs to work right. Then open up a command prompt in the folder with the CraftBukkit JAR and type

java -jar craftbukkit-1.6.2-R1.1-SNAPSHOT

to launch. Then join the server in your client (localhost).

Making yourself a moderator

In the server console, type the following:

w world
u <username_here>
u setgroup moderators

Then relog.

What doesn't work

• Vanish doesn't work, no matter what I do
  • Default CraftBukkit commands have been disabled. That means no /version, /pl, /ban/kick/unban, etc. I was too lazy to disable individual commands, and the main permission node for CraftBukkit commands don't seem to work as expected.
  • The rule book says "null". That you will have to configure for yourself.
  • No banning features, since MCBouncer requires an API key (so is disabled), and the default CraftBukkit commands don't work. FishChecker does work, though.
  • LogBlock works, but you have to set up your own SQL server first. Check configs for username, password, and database name.
  • I don't know what a stick does if you're a moderator, so that hasn't been bounded to anything.
  • Clay and wool kits are missing, along with various CommandHelper commands, since they aren't in the NerdCH repository.
  • ModMode doesn't add "modmode_" to your player name to LogBlock records when you're building in ModMode. Probably a config issue, too.
  • You can't log in properly as an admin. That is a feature. Which also means you will need to set options for NerdSpawn manually. The current one is set for rev. 24.

So yeah, you could say it's a bit overkill, but I enjoy having the same environment to work locally as on the server.

I have been trying to do this for so long, but have failed. Thanks :smile:  This is awesome!

What doesn't work

• Vanish doesn't work, no matter what I do

ModMode is dependent on the VanishNoPacket and TagAPI plugins. To you will also need the following permissions:

- modmode.showvanished

- modmode.unvanish

- modmode.vanish

- vanish.see

- vanish.vanish

• The rule book says "null". That you will have to configure for yourself.
  • I don't know what a stick does if you're a moderator, so that hasn't been bounded to anything.
  • LogBlock query tool. Coal block is the corresponding tool block.
  • Clay and wool kits are missing, along with various CommandHelper commands, since they aren't in the NerdCH repository.

Kits:

mod: 1x 280, 1x 345, 3x 16, 1x 269, 1x 268, 1x 8, 1x 10, 1x 51

wool: 64x 35:0, 64x 35:1, 64x 35:2, 64x 35:3, 64x 35:4, 64x 35:5, 64x 35:6, 64x 35:7, 64x 35:8, 64x 35:9, 64x 35:10, 64x 35:11, 64x 35:12, 64x 35:13, 64x 35:14, 64x 35:15

clay: 64x 172, 64x 159:0, 64x 159:1, 64x 159:2, 64x 159:3, 64x 159:4, 64x 159:5, 64x 159:6, 64x 159:7, 64x 159:8, 64x 159:9, 64x 159:10, 64x 159:11, 64x 159:12, 64x 159:13, 64x 159:14, 64x 159:15

Some of the CommandHelper commands need to be located at the top level of the CommandHelper directory hierarchy in order to access data files.  These commands tend to be the most divergent between the servers.  There are at least three different versions of these top level scripts and it's probably been that way for years.  I have not yet had the time to combine them into a single version that can be checked in.  Although it's on my todo list.

• ModMode doesn't add "modmode_" to your player name to LogBlock records when you're building in ModMode. Probably a config issue, too.

You need to enable custom events in the LogBlock config.

• Upvote 1

ModMode is dependent on the VanishNoPacket and TagAPI plugins. To you will also need the following permissions:

- modmode.showvanished

- modmode.unvanish

- modmode.vanish

- vanish.see

- vanish.vanish

Ah. I thought it was VanishNoPacket handling /vanish, not ModMode. No wonder I couldn't get it working.

Kits:

mod: 1x 280, 1x 345, 3x 16, 1x 269, 1x 268, 1x 8, 1x 10, 1x 51

wool: 64x 35:0, 64x 35:1, 64x 35:2, 64x 35:3, 64x 35:4, 64x 35:5, 64x 35:6, 64x 35:7, 64x 35:8, 64x 35:9, 64x 35:10, 64x 35:11, 64x 35:12, 64x 35:13, 64x 35:14, 64x 35:15

clay: 64x 172, 64x 159:0, 64x 159:1, 64x 159:2, 64x 159:3, 64x 159:4, 64x 159:5, 64x 159:6, 64x 159:7, 64x 159:8, 64x 159:9, 64x 159:10, 64x 159:11, 64x 159:12, 64x 159:13, 64x 159:14, 64x 159:15

Some of the CommandHelper commands need to be located at the top level of the CommandHelper directory hierarchy in order to access data files.  These commands tend to be the most divergent between the servers.  There are at least three different versions of these top level scripts and it's probably been that way for years.  I have not yet had the time to combine them into a single version that can be checked in.  Although it's on my todo list.

The wool/clay kits are bugged for me, only giving the main block types and not the variations. Maybe there was some new code not checked in?

Edit: I also seem to be under the impression that there is a sign content notification system whenever a sign is created or destroyed. Is that correct, and if so how do I enable it?

Edited by GMMan

Hey, today I was able to fix the ModMode issue by using the precompiled version of nerdbukkit.jar, compiled by Deaygo I think, from here http://build.thezomg.com/job/NerdBukkit/16/

Everything is working so far, the only thing missing is the CH scripts like /drunk, /lsd, /gin and /policehat, all the importaint CH modding commands are there though :smile:

Edited by coolgamerovr90
  • Upvote 1

Ah. I thought it was VanishNoPacket handling /vanish, not ModMode. No wonder I couldn't get it working.

The wool/clay kits are bugged for me, only giving the main block types and not the variations. Maybe there was some new code not checked in?

Edit: I also seem to be under the impression that there is a sign content notification system whenever a sign is created or destroyed. Is that correct, and if so how do I enable it?

The /kits command is implemented by a CH script in plugins/CommandHelper/config.txt and there are multiple versions of this that need to be reconciled so that I can check in just one.  The code you want looks like this:

config.txt:

*:/kit [$] = >>>
    # Note: on creative anyone can /kit.
    #_assertperm('restricted', 0)
    _kit($)
<<<

auto_include.ms: http://paste.thezomg.com/11379/85909138/

EasySigns logs one warning to the console when a "do-something" sign is destroyed by WorldEdit, for example.  Other than that the only thing I can think that might be doing messages warning about signs is the WorldGuard blacklist.txt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, I didn't realize the link didn't update when I put a new URL in the post. It should work now.

Since 1.7 is out now, I'll postpone making new builds until the servers are updated so I can get the new plugins list. If anyone needs an updated copy sooner, yell at me in-game.