Drinks For New Years!

Cyotie911

I thought I would start a thread for those who are old enough to partake in alcoholic beverage consumption on New Years Eve. List your favorite drink mixes:

Mine,

Adiós Amigos: Tequila (preferably Cuervo 1800), Southern Comfort, Orange Juice, and a splash of grenadine.

I'm new to this so i'm used to things like vodka and coke.

However if you are having a lot of people around you can get a small bucket, fill it with chopped fruit like oranges. Pour in a lot of orange juice and vodka mix. No real measurements just keep testing it until it's not too strong or too weak.

Other one isn't exactly a drink however put a hole in a watermelon pour in vodka, keep pouring and the melon will soak up all the vodka leave it for a day or so and you have got an alcoholic watermelon. 

Sorry for the delay. This will make a 3 Liter jug of sour mix (which is also margarita mix, just depends if you use tequila/amaretto/etc in it).

Start with the Simple Syrup (sugar water):

• 1 3/4 Cups sugar
  • 1 qt water

Dissolve the sugar in the water (works best with hot water). Then add these:

• 20 oz Lime Juice (fresh squeezed is better than store bought bottles, but both work)
  • 2 oz Lemon Juice (same as above)
  • 4 oz Triple Sec (or Cointreau or any other orange liqueur)
  • Fill with water to 3 Qt mark (hopefully whatever you are putting this in has lines...)

And you're done! It is super easy and makes margaritas or anything using this sour mix taste so much better. It won't hold like store bought, because it doesn't have the preservatives, but that makes it better. I got this recipe from the Mexican restaurant I bartend at.

• Upvote 2