Economic conversion rates.

ecool377

PREFACE:

A little about me, i was banned from the server for making swastikas and crouching in front of them yelling "HEIL HITLER". I thought it was funny, but it seems not so many other people did. So i got banned. I realise it was offensive. I will make it up to you for creating this cool little system i calculated and created for the server(s)

ECONOMICS:

To create a economically strong, efficient, and viable community of players we must create a conversion rate depending on rarity of the ores and the occerence of them per chunk what i did was got the percentage of ores per chunk over a 100 chunk radius. did magical math stuff and this is what i came up with

2.23 stone = 1 coal

16.02 coal = 1 iron

10.27 Iron=1 Gold
25.04 Iron=1 Diamond
2.43 Gold=1 Diamond

4.02 iron = 1 redstone

15.4 iron = 1 lapis

1.4 gold = 1 lapis

you can use this if you like. I spent a good 2-3 hours doing all the math, research, and testing. I use this system on my server and hope you guys will like to use it on your server. because its a really good and solid system.

ALSO, this is base values. not including the fact that iron farms, fortune picks and other things exist. this is just base. you can modify if you so wish.

Edited by ecool377
  • Upvote 1

Ore rates and spawning is different for each seed and the amount in each chunk is always different. Especially since on PvE we have custom ore spawning there is no real way to determine the actual amount of ore. Each map and each server is different, there is no one way to figure out a standard system.

Ore rates and spawning is different for each seed and the amount in each chunk is always different. Especially since on PvE we have custom ore spawning there is no real way to determine the actual amount of ore. Each map and each server is different, there is no one way to figure out a standard system.

but minecraft has put a "base" spawning value in the code. for percentages that is. its in the minecraft wiki but i see what your saying.

but minecraft has put a "base" spawning value in the code. for percentages that is. its in the minecraft wiki but i see what your saying.

More of what he is trying to say is that many pve maps use custom software to create the land, so it isn't using Minecraft base values. Sometimes ores are plumped, spawning ranges changes, or new ore added to the ground (e.g. glowstone). As a math major, I appreciate the work that went into it. Ultimately, this will be up to the community what they want to set the price at, but it's a useful comparison to see if something is relatively fair.

• Upvote 3

More of what he is trying to say is that many pve maps use custom software to create the land, so it isn't using Minecraft base values. Sometimes ores are plumped, spawning ranges changes, or new ore added to the ground (e.g. glowstone). As a math major, I appreciate the work that went into it. Ultimately, this will be up to the community what they want to set the price at, but it's a useful comparison to see if something is relatively fair.

damn, ok. if you have the percentages or the "chances" of ores per chunk or whatever and i will do the math. :D

Also, all these items are squarely commodities - you can't peg exchange rates between them, as even trying to do so in the manner of a currency would be extremely volatile due to the low volume of trade and the high variability in de facto rates. Utility is also an essential factor - gold is supremely more useful than lapis beyond a small threshold, and thus even were they to be generated equally gold would still be much more valuable in an average trade. A while back there was a concentrated effort to record trades made to try to peg down a general consensus for the value of different items, and it was soon found that value varies wildly from all sorts of factors including supply, demand, bulk discount, bulk premium, implementation of farming, etc.

• Upvote 1

Another factor that considerably alters the math involved is that Iron in our server is much easier to acquire on account of every major city/town PVE having it's own iron grinder.  While it doesn't make it any less useful it does make it worth significantly less valuable as a trade commodity.

TL;DR Iron is cheep on PVE

• Upvote 1

This is one reason why we are introducing $pudcoins. It is entirely player-ran, prices are negotiable, and I think it'll be fun to see who can mine the most of them! The "prices" of items on P change as the rev gets older anyway, and $pudcoins can make up for that. And like I said in the post, if you aren't a fan of $pudcoin then that's okay, you don't have to worry about it.

This is one reason why we are introducing $pudcoins. It is entirely player-ran, prices are negotiable, and I think it'll be fun to see who can mine the most of them! The "prices" of items on P change as the rev gets older anyway, and $pudcoins can make up for that. And like I said in the post, if you aren't a fan of $pudcoin then that's okay, you don't have to worry about it.

i actually dident see spudcoin after i made this post. But yeah. im really big into economics and i would love to see the path that spudcoin will bring us (Actually thinking of modifying LTC's source code to make it for real.

• Upvote 1