any chance of SimpleClans coming back?

freecomkcf

from what i've read in the subreddit, SimpleClans was removed because people didn't like the eyesore that was clan tags. the thing that gets me is that there was a command to turn off clan tags client-side (/clan tag off or something like that). would it be possible for you guys to put SimpleClans back in, with the tags off for everyone by default? or at least tell people about the command to turn tags off? i really liked SimpleClans because i used it as a makeshift friends list and /clan roster was really useful for determining when people are usually on.

• Upvote 2

I wasn't bugged by SimpleClans at all, it was quite handy to know what clan someone's in right off the bat. However I think it was removed because the KDR feature was scaring people away from PvP. On a side note, I wouldn't mind it coming back if we removed the KDR feature and set the visibility of tags 'off' by default. 

Edited by EeHee2000

right, i remember reading something about people restarting clans becuse their KDR was too low or something. i don't know the whole "culture" of the pvp-heavy types on S, but it seems kind of absurd to fret about KDR too much when the bulk of it is from spawn camping helpless players. if i were good at Minecraft pvp i'd only care about KDR if it counted armor vs. armor kills only, with equal or near-equal equipment.

somewhat off-topic, but the people worrying about KDR on this game remind me of the people who worry about KDR on GTA Online, which is rendered pointless since it tracks player kills in every game mode, including free roam, and - surprise surprise - some players' KDRs are bloated from spawn camping other players.

There were also some problems with commands like !mumble, but I know on PvE they made those actual commands, and they don't like it when you use the !irc, !mumble, etc commands because it spams chat or something like that

Those things were put in by AllNaturalX before craftbukkit even existed - they're long-overdue for being switched to /-commands

• Upvote 2

A modification of the glicko rating system, which is already used by nerd.nu/survival, would be ideal for rankings.

Even so, I think SimpleClans added more than just a rating system iirc?

I agree, we should have a plugin that uses the Glicko Rating System.

SimpleClans allowed you to do a lot of stuff basically, http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simpleclans/